- Viacom CEO defends self in testy exchange on 1Q results Updated: Feb-09-16 7:10 pm
LOS ANGELES - Viacom Inc. CEO Philippe Dauman defended himself in a testy exchange with analysts during a quarterly earnings conference call Tuesday after the media company behind MTV and Paramount Pictures missed revenue expectations for the fifth quarter in a row.
- CEO Dauman takes over chair at Viacom, replacing Redstone Updated: Feb-04-16 3:58 pm
LOS ANGELES - Aging media mogul Sumner Redstone stepped down as executive chairman of Viacom on Thursday and was replaced by CEO Philippe Dauman, a move that immediately disappointed investors.
- Ailing media mogul Sumner Redstone resigns as chair of CBS Updated: Feb-03-16 7:06 pm
LOS ANGELES - Sumner Redstone, the ailing 92-year-old media mogul who controls TV and movie powerhouses CBS and Viacom, has stepped down as executive chairman of CBS amid a courtroom battle over his health and mental capacity. CBS Chief Executive Leslie Moonves will replace him as chairman.
- Viacom CEO pay rose 22 percent in year stock tumbled Updated: Jan-22-16 8:20 pm
LOS ANGELES - Viacom Inc. says CEO Philippe Dauman's compensation rose 22 percent to $54.2 million in the company's latest fiscal year, a period when its stock fell more than 40 percent.
- Judge orders new medical examination of Sumner Redstone Updated: Jan-22-16 6:58 pm
LOS ANGELES - A judge on Friday ordered a medical examination of Sumner Redstone as part of an ongoing court fight over the media mogul's health and mental capacity.