- Abbott: Pay teachers bonuses for high exam scores Updated: Apr-23-14 5:31 pm
- Texting-and-driving ban may still fail after Perry Updated: Apr-19-14 4:49 pm
- Report: FBI probe includes legal work by Davis Updated: Apr-18-14 2:00 pm
- Davis has successful neck surgery, campaign says Updated: Apr-16-14 3:41 pm
- Texas candidate faces thorny death penalty choice Updated: Apr-15-14 7:34 pm
- Senators vying for higher posts spar in hearing Updated: Apr-14-14 7:13 pm
- Davis: Senate votes didn't conflict with clients Updated: Apr-13-14 2:22 pm
- Obama meets with Wendy Davis in Texas Updated: Apr-10-14 5:49 pm
- Business interests question Republican truths Updated: Apr-06-14 10:05 am
- Davis speaks to Texas Associated Press editors Updated: Apr-05-14 6:26 pm
- 2nd suit filed challenging Texas' new abortion law Updated: Apr-02-14 10:59 pm
- Abbott dismisses criticism over ties to author Updated: Apr-02-14 8:18 pm
- Van de Putte starts bus tour in lt. gov. campaign Updated: Mar-30-14 9:03 am
HOUSTON - Republican Greg Abbott says that as Texas governor he would seek bonuses for high school teachers whose students perform well on college readiness exams.
AUSTIN, Texas - Repeated efforts to implement a statewide ban on texting while driving in Texas may continue to fail even after Gov. Rick Perry leaves office next year.
AUSTIN, Texas - Democratic gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis' legal work for a taxpayer-funded tollway agency is part of a larger FBI-led investigation into the tollway group, according to a published report Friday.
AUSTIN, Texas - Democratic gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis' campaign says she has undergone successful neck surgery to relieve pain in her shoulder and right arm.
AUSTIN, Texas - The death penalty is like gun rights in Texas politics: Candidates don't dare get in the way of either. But Republican Greg Abbott, the favorite to succeed Gov. Rick Perry, must soon make a decision as attorney general that could disrupt the nation's busiest death chamber.
AUSTIN, Texas - A Senate panel's discussion about how best to overhaul the curriculum and testing procedures for Texas high schools at times felt like a political debate Monday, as a gubernatorial hopeful and two candidates for lieutenant governor shared the spotlight.
AUSTIN, Texas - Democratic gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis voted for bills in the Texas Senate that affected her clients and sought federal money while in office for a transportation project being handled by her Fort Worth law firm, a newspaper reported Sunday.
AUSTIN, Texas - President Barack Obama met briefly Thursday with state Sen. Wendy Davis, the Democratic nominee for governor.
AUSTIN, Texas - Business interests are walking the halls of the Texas Capitol calling on lawmakers to rethink some of their past policies, hoping that after the November election they can win some key victories next year.
SOUTH PADRE ISLAND, Texas - Democratic gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis told a gathering of Texas journalists Saturday that the state's public education system needs to change and that her Republican opponent represents the status quo.
AUSTIN, Texas - An advocacy group filed another federal lawsuit Wednesday challenging a new provision of Texas' tough restrictions on abortion, less than a week after an appeals court reversed a previous suit and found that the stricter limits don't impose an undue burden on women's health.
SAN ANTONIO - Republican Greg Abbott on Thursday defended citing conservative scholar Charles Murray in his education plan after attacks by Democrat Wendy Davis in their race for Texas governor.
AUSTIN, Texas - Democrat Leticia Van de Putte is beginning a nine-day bus tour to bring attention to her campaign for lieutenant governor.