- Hilderbran concedes GOP comptroller race to Hegar Updated: Mar-07-14 6:21 pm
- Democrat Davis releases public-sector clients Updated: Mar-07-14 1:48 pm
- Abbott's goal: Break Bush record for Hispanic vote Updated: Mar-06-14 6:49 pm
- New Texas abortion law closes 2 more clinics Updated: Mar-06-14 6:01 pm
- After primary victory, Texas' Davis faces big odds Updated: Mar-05-14 6:46 pm
- US Sen. Cornyn tops Stockman, wins GOP primary Updated: Mar-05-14 1:23 am
- Incumbents and conservatives win in Texas primary Updated: Mar-05-14 12:29 am
- Davis ready for fight in Texas governor's race Updated: Mar-04-14 9:29 pm
- Abbott says GOP will reach out to Hispanic voters Updated: Mar-04-14 2:27 pm
- Surprises, runoffs likely in Texas primary races Updated: Mar-03-14 11:33 pm
- Gay marriage fight pits Texas AG vs. gay friend Updated: Feb-28-14 6:43 pm
- Abbott reports $30M, Davis $11M in governor's race Updated: Feb-24-14 6:02 pm
- Top Democratic candidates rally base in Austin Updated: Feb-22-14 1:10 pm
- State officials investigating Democratic activists Updated: Feb-21-14 6:38 pm
- Nugent backlash reveals rare misstep for Texas GOP Updated: Feb-21-14 5:24 pm
- Oregon won't defend gay-marriage ban in lawsuit Updated: Feb-20-14 7:11 pm
- Alameel's donations become issue in US Senate race Updated: Feb-18-14 4:43 pm
- State lawsuits become issues in governor's race Updated: Feb-16-14 11:17 am
- Attorneys general switching sides on gay marriage Updated: Feb-14-14 4:11 pm
- Texas governor candidate Davis backs gay marriage Updated: Feb-13-14 5:40 pm
- Ex-South Texas prosecutor gets 13-year prison term Updated: Feb-11-14 6:43 pm
- Davis calls for settlement in school finance suit Updated: Feb-10-14 6:24 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Katy Sen. Glenn Hegar captured the GOP nomination for Texas comptroller on Friday when state Rep. Harvey Hilderbran conceded the race, ending the need for a runoff.
AUSTIN, Texas - Democratic gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis has revealed her law firm's public-sector clients, which include the Fort Worth school district and Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport.
AUSTIN, Texas - High stakes over Hispanic voters shifted the governor's race Thursday to the Texas-Mexico border, where Democrats defended Wendy Davis' humbling losses in party strongholds to an obscure primary challenger who barely campaigned.
AUSTIN, Texas - The last abortion clinic in the vast, impoverished Rio Grande Valley closed Thursday, along with the sole remaining clinic in the 100-mile stretch between Houston and the Louisiana border, posing a tall obstacle to women seeking to end pregnancies across a wide swath of the nation's second-largest state.
AUSTIN, Texas - After her easy victory in the Texas Democratic primary, Wendy Davis, one of the brightest stars of the 2014 campaign, is now embarking on her mission to win the governor's office and revive her party's fortunes in the heart of conservative America. Already, Texas politics has never seen anyone like her: a dynamo with a trailer park-to-Harvard Law story who makes nationwide donors swoon.
AUSTIN, Texas - U.S. Sen. John Cornyn trounced a conservative Texas congressman Tuesday night to claim the Republican nomination, a victory that could ease his path to re-election after some tea party activists targeted him as too moderate.
AUSTIN, Texas - Republicans voted for tried-and-true incumbents and fire-breathing conservatives Tuesday during the Texas primary elections, while Democrats learned they still have a lot of building to do if they hope to compete in November.
AUSTIN, Texas - State Sen. Wendy Davis says she's ready for what will be an uphill fight to become Texas' next governor.
AUSTIN, Texas - Republican gubernatorial candidate Greg Abbott says connecting with Hispanic voters is a major goal for the Texas GOP as the state moves beyond the primary season.
AUSTIN, Texas - Gov. Rick Perry isn't on the ballot, but a new member of the Bush dynasty is. Wendy Davis can clinch a feat no woman has achieved in Texas since Ann Richards. Heavyweight Republicans are trying to survive, and a new voter ID law gets a major test.
WACO, Texas - When Greg Abbott was paralyzed by a fallen tree in 1984, Mark Phariss flew 500 miles to his friend's bedside. They were law school pals who swapped stories over dinner, job leads and airport rides, and they still exchange Christmas cards today.
AUSTIN, Texas - Democratic candidate for governor Wendy Davis outraised her opponent over the last 30 days, while Republican Attorney General Greg Abbott has $30 million socked away, almost three times as much as Davis, the campaigns said Monday while meeting a fundraising reporting deadline.
AUSTIN, Texas - The top Democratic candidates running for governor and lieutenant governor in Texas denounced their Republican opponents Saturday for cutting funding to public schools and universities while failing to finance new highways and health care programs, sounding out the themes they hope will lead to victory in November.
AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas Secretary of State referred three complaints against Democratic group Battleground Texas for possible prosecution as violations of a state election law on Friday.
AUSTIN, Texas - Mitt Romney rallied with Kid Rock and President George W. Bush had a fan in Alice Cooper. But a Ted Nugent encore in the Texas governor's race is growing unlikely after blowback from Republican Greg Abbott's embrace of the ultimate shock rocker.
PORTLAND, Oregon - Oregon's attorney general will not defend the state's ban on gay marriage, arguing it cannot withstand a federal constitutional challenge.
AUSTIN, Texas - The highest-profile Democrat challenging U.S. Sen. John Cornyn is a deep-pocketed Dallas dentist best known for an expensive but unsuccessful run for Congress in 2012 and years of generous donations to top conservatives in Texas and beyond.
AUSTIN, Texas - Greg Abbott's job as Texas' top lawyer placed him in the line of fire last week when his likely Democratic opponent called on him to stop defending lawsuits over school funding and gay marriage.
NORFOLK, Virginia - The day after a federal judge struck down Virginia's gay-marriage ban, state Attorney General Mark Herring wasn't vowing to appeal or insisting his state's law was sound.
SAN ANTONIO - Wendy Davis, the Democratic candidate for Texas governor, said Thursday that she supports gay marriage and called on Attorney General Greg Abbott to stop defending the Texas Constitution's definition of marriage as between one man and one woman.
BROWNSVILLE, Texas - A former South Texas prosecutor and one-time candidate for U.S. Congress convicted of using his position to enrich himself through bribes was sentenced Tuesday to 13 years in prison.
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas should settle a school finance lawsuit brought by 600-plus districts and convene a special legislative session to find a permanent solution to funding public education, the Democratic candidate for governor Wendy Davis said Monday.