- Mets get Cespedes at trade deadline Updated: Aug-01-15 10:57 am
NEW YORK - The Mets finally landed the bat they were looking for in Yoenis Cespedes just ahead of Friday's trade deadline, and Cole Hamels confirmed he blocked a trade to Houston before Philadelphia dealt its ace to Texas.
- Fan favorite Flores homers in 12th, Mets beat Nationals 2-1 Updated: Aug-01-15 2:24 am
NEW YORK - Wilmer Flores gave Mets fans one more reason to fall for him - this time with his bat as well as his heart.
- Harper ejected again, Nationals lose to Mets 2-1 in 12 Updated: Aug-01-15 2:20 am
NEW YORK - Bryce Harper and the Washington Nationals spent much of the night annoyed at plate umpire Jerry Meals. They never really figured out how to handle Matt Harvey or Wilmer Flores, either.
- Mets add hitting help, trade for Tigers OF Cespedes Updated: Jul-31-15 11:09 pm
NEW YORK - Yoenis Cespedes put on a scintillating show at Citi Field while winning the Home Run Derby two years ago. Now he has two months to power the New York Mets into the playoffs.
- Padres blanked again, Syndergaard dominates as Mets win 4-0 Updated: Jul-29-15 1:11 am
NEW YORK - Justin Upton and the San Diego Padres became the first major league team to face Mets rookie Noah Syndergaard more than once.
- Mets reliever Mejia banned for year for positive drug test Updated: Jul-29-15 12:09 am
NEW YORK - Just back from an 80-game drug suspension, New York Mets reliever Jenrry Mejia was banned for an additional 162 games Tuesday by Major League Baseball following a second positive test for performance-enhancing substances.
- Mets acquire reliever Tyler Clippard from Athletics Updated: Jul-27-15 10:38 pm
NEW YORK - The active New York Mets acquired first-rate reliever Tyler Clippard from Oakland for a minor league pitcher Monday, completing their second trade in four days and sending another signal they're serious about contending this year.
- Greinke's shutout streak ends, Mets beat Dodgers 3-2 in 10 Updated: Jul-26-15 8:14 pm
NEW YORK - Thanks to another exquisite performance from Jacob deGrom and a big hit by newcomer Juan Uribe, the New York Mets did more than just stop Zack Greinke's streak.
- Greinke's shutout streak over; Mets top Dodgers 3-2 in 10 Updated: Jul-26-15 8:09 pm
NEW YORK - Zack Greinke hit the Mets harder than they hit him. Still, his shutout streak is over.
- Mets rookie Matz has no regrets about pitching with injury Updated: Jul-10-15 9:38 pm
NEW YORK - Mets rookie Steven Matz insisted Friday he has no regrets about pitching with an achy muscle even though the injury turned out to be more serious than he thought.
- Mets rookie LHP Steven Matz sidelined with torn back muscle Updated: Jul-09-15 11:51 pm
NEW YORK - Mets pitcher Steven Matz has a partially torn muscle in his upper back that will sideline the impressive rookie at least a month - probably longer.
- Yankees to get Miller, Ellsbury back from DL on Wednesday Updated: Jul-07-15 7:23 pm
NEW YORK - The first-place Yankees are about to get a pair of important players back at once.
- Ramirez stifles sloppy Yanks as Rays stop 7-game slide, 8-1 Updated: Jul-05-15 6:19 pm
NEW YORK - After a week without a win, the Tampa Bay Rays were hardly shy about describing their celebration Sunday.
- Queen City crew: Sending All-Stars young and old to Cincy Updated: Jul-03-15 11:22 am
NEW YORK - Anyone still ranting about the online election that put five Kansas City Royals in position to start the All-Star Game, the following is for you.