- Obama congratulates UConn on NCAA dominance Updated: Apr-15-14 6:39 pm
- Over 200,000 cheer UConn champion basketball teams Updated: Apr-13-14 10:12 pm
- UConn hoping to capitalize on championships Updated: Apr-09-14 7:10 pm
- LeBron says he's thrilled for UConn's Kevin Ollie Updated: Apr-08-14 8:18 pm
- Huskies again star in the underdog role Updated: Apr-08-14 2:24 pm
- Napier brings it home for UConn Updated: Apr-08-14 2:40 am
- NBA decisions loom for several Kentucky players Updated: Apr-08-14 1:53 am
- Ollie wins it all with UConn Updated: Apr-08-14 1:14 am
- Boatright feeds off defensive disruption Updated: Apr-07-14 3:17 am
- Ollie's wisdom guides UConn to title game Updated: Apr-06-14 6:08 pm
- Kentucky freshmen against UConn comeback players Updated: Apr-06-14 11:50 am
- UConn on to national championship game Updated: Apr-06-14 12:17 am
- FINALS WATCH: Sights and sounds from North Texas Updated: Apr-05-14 10:30 pm
- FINALS WATCH: Calhoun not big on 'cheering' thing Updated: Apr-05-14 6:55 pm
- Donovan, Calipari in bonus duel at Final Four Updated: Apr-04-14 7:42 pm
- 'Billy the Kid' becomes 'Billy the Builder' Updated: Apr-04-14 5:32 pm
- Returning Huskies leading the way Updated: Apr-04-14 4:22 pm
- Napier trying to shed Walker's shadow Updated: Apr-04-14 4:03 am
- Fun tournament, cloudy future for NCAA Updated: Apr-03-14 8:11 pm
- UConn again sends men and women to Final Fours Updated: Apr-01-14 7:39 pm
- NCAA Final Four games in Arlington, not Big D Updated: Apr-01-14 3:32 am
- Doug McDermott leads AP All-America team Updated: Mar-31-14 3:06 pm
- 'You want to skip steps but you can't.' Updated: Mar-31-14 3:33 am
- UConn upsets Michigan St 60-54, back to Final Four Updated: Mar-30-14 10:54 pm
- Fearsome Final Foursome headed to North Texas Updated: Mar-30-14 10:36 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama has congratulated the University of Connecticut's men's and women's basketball teams on winning last week's NCAA tournaments.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Nothing like a big win to draw big crowds. But back-to-back victories bring out the biggest.
STORRS, Connecticut - Campus celebrations are winding down after two nights of championship parties, yet the off-court excitement could be just beginning at the University of Connecticut.
MIAMI - LeBron James remembers just about every detail from his days playing alongside Kevin Ollie in Cleveland, including that the newly crowned coach of the NCAA champions wore No. 12.
ARLINGTON, Texas - The Connecticut Huskies lost their coach, their teammates, their chance to play at the NCAA tournament for a year. They were castoffs, unwanted mutts without a home, told they had no chance.
ARLINGTON, Texas - Shabazz Napier walked slowly through the hallway of the stadium - the tears still drying, the twine from the cut-down net still hanging around his neck.
ARLINGTON, Texas - One by one, players in the Kentucky locker room said essentially the same thing: They had not given the NBA a second thought, much less a first, during their stirring Final Four run.
ARLINGTON, Texas - It's not that Kevin Ollie looked uncomfortable sitting on a stool in front of the Connecticut bench. It's just that he looked a lot more comfortable in a defensive stance exhorting the Huskies in the national championship game.
ARLINGTON, Texas - Ryan Boatright plays defense like a personal-space-invading bully, getting into his opponent's chest, bumping him around, chopping at his arms, tangling up his feet.
ARLINGTON, Texas - Kevin Ollie had talent.
ARLINGTON, Texas - All those Kentucky freshmen against a Connecticut team already with a few championship rings.
ARLINGTON, Texas - Shabazz Napier looked up toward the Connecticut fans in the crowd at AT&T Stadium and held up one finger.
ARLINGTON, Texas - Jim Calhoun won three national championships with Connecticut in four trips to the NCAA Final Four.
ARLINGTON, Texas - Jim Calhoun is watching the Connecticut Huskies at this Final Four, not coaching them. That's a little bit of a problem.
ARLINGTON, Texas - Florida's Billy Donovan has both the SEC trophies from this season. Kentucky's John Calipari has the bigger bonus check, at least for now.
ARLINGTON, Texas - He was "Billy the Kid" as a college player, then "Billy the Recruiter" as a young coach.
ARLINGTON, Texas - They could have left, gone someplace new to get a fresh start. No one would have blamed them.
ARLINGTON, Texas - Shabazz Napier can shoot, drive and dish, hit big shots, pick off passes, carry a team down the stretch of a game and a season.
ARLINGTON, Texas - The tournament that began with the lure of a billion-dollar bracket will end at a billion-dollar stadium outside of Dallas.
ARLINGTON, Texas - Welcome to the NCAA Final Four in North Texas.
Doug McDermott spent his senior season passing a lot of big names on the career scoring list. He is now among some very select company.
Welcome back to BracketRacket, the one-stop shopping place for all your offbeat NCAA tournament needs. In today's edition, coach Cal keeps going back to the future, Florida beats Dayton (again!) in some kind of parallel universe, UConn wins but loses face, and tourists enjoy a rare moment of consensus in New York. Without further ado:
NEW YORK - Shabazz Napier owed UConn.
The road to redemption goes through North Texas for a fearsome Final Four of power programs with something to prove.