- New Jersey's Gov. Christie heading to Mississippi, Louisiana Updated: May-05-15 1:11 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is heading south for a handful of events on behalf of his political action committee.
- Vitter picks up backing from treasurer in governor's race Updated: May-04-15 2:52 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Treasurer John Kennedy, a popular state politician who once considered running for governor, is instead supporting U.S. Sen. David Vitter for the job in this fall's election.
- Vitter remains top fundraiser in Louisiana governor's race Updated: Apr-28-15 8:02 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The four major candidates to be Louisiana's next governor have turned in their latest campaign finance reports, and no one has been able to outpace U.S. Sen. David Vitter.
- Senate panel advances bill to overhaul chemical regulation Updated: Apr-28-15 2:58 pm
WASHINGTON - A bipartisan bill to update regulation of harmful chemicals for the first time in nearly 40 years won approval from a Senate committee Tuesday, moving it closer to a vote in the full Senate.
- New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu rules out gubernatorial bid Updated: Apr-27-15 5:23 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu officially ruled out a run for governor in the October election, saying Monday his focus remains on his home city.
- Governor's candidates pledge more transparency in government Updated: Apr-23-15 4:53 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The four major candidates vying to be Louisiana's next governor promised more openness in government Thursday, saying they'll push to limit the broad public records exemptions granted to the governor's office.
- Anti-human trafficking bill passes Senate Updated: Apr-22-15 5:23 pm
WASHINGTON - The Senate unanimously passed legislation Wednesday to help the victims of human trafficking, ending a tortuous partisan standoff over abortion that also delayed confirmation of President Barack Obama's attorney general nominee.
- Treasurer John Kennedy running for re-election, not governor Updated: Apr-09-15 1:27 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Treasurer John Kennedy has ended speculation about his political plans, announcing that he's running for re-election this fall.