- Pro-Vitter super PAC kicks off $2M TV ad campaign Friday Updated: Aug-27-15 7:24 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The super PAC created to boost David Vitter's candidacy for governor is starting its hefty $2 million advertising blitz a bit unexpectedly, praising the Republican U.S. senator rather than trashing his competitors.
- Candidates for La. governor back plans to divert river water Updated: Aug-18-15 8:59 pm
THIBODAUX, Louisiana - The four candidates in the race to become the next Louisiana governor each said fixing Louisiana's dire coastal land loss will require moving ahead with multibillion-dollar plans - opposed by many fishermen - to divert Mississippi River water into disappearing estuaries.
- GOP candidates for governor oppose removing monuments Updated: Aug-17-15 6:31 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - All three Republicans in Louisiana's race for governor say they're against moving Confederate monuments in New Orleans, while the one Democrat says the question should be left to city officials.
- Transportation group pressing candidates to support gas tax Updated: Aug-10-15 4:53 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - With Louisiana's highway and bridge needs topping $12 billion, a transportation advocacy group said Monday that the state's next governor should back an increase in the gasoline tax to shrink the backlog, fill potholes and ease traffic.
- Candidates for governor differ on how to serve elderly Updated: Aug-06-15 4:41 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Three contenders to be Louisiana's next governor pledged Thursday they'd elevate elderly affairs issues to a cabinet-level department, rather than a small agency inside the governor's office.
- Governor candidates back allowing local tax hikes for roads Updated: Jul-31-15 5:22 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Louisiana's four major candidates for governor told a packed audience of local elected officials Friday that they support giving municipalities more authority to raise their own taxes for roadwork.