- Homicides spike in Baltimore but police clearance rate falls Updated: Jul-28-15 7:01 pm
BALTIMORE - Baltimore's homicide rate continues to soar, but the police department's clearance rate has declined over the past three months, the city's acting police commissioner said Tuesday.
- Documents related to unrest after Gray death released Updated: Jul-27-15 9:35 pm
BALTIMORE - Baltimore officials have released thousands of pages of documents related to unrest following Freddie Gray's death.
- In wake of riots and crime spike, Baltimore mayor under fire Updated: Jul-22-15 5:13 am
BALTIMORE - Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake climbed onto the deck of an abandoned row house in Tuesday's sweltering summer heat and promised that "better is coming" as she promoted the restoration of a blighted block not far from where riots broke out earlier this year.
- After years of declining crime, a spike in city violence Updated: Jul-11-15 11:10 am
CHICAGO - Police departments across the country that have spent years boasting about plummeting crime numbers are now scrambling to confront something many agencies have not seen in decades: more bloodshed.
- Baltimore's next police chief faces demoralized department Updated: Jul-09-15 8:11 pm
BALTIMORE - Baltimore's next police commissioner will have a daunting to-do list: quell a surge in homicides, rebuild trust between officers and the public, win the confidence of a demoralized and alienated department, and keep the peace when the explosive Freddie Gray case comes to trial.
- Firing of Baltimore police commissioner 'shock' to governor Updated: Jul-09-15 1:44 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The firing of Baltimore Police Commissioner Anthony Batts came as a surprise to Maryland's governor.
- The Latest: Baltimore police head fired amid rising crime Updated: Jul-08-15 8:44 pm
BALTIMORE - Chanta Saunders, a 25-year-old woman who was friends with Freddie Gray and witnessed his arrest, said the Baltimore mayor's decision to fire the city police commissioner was a good one. But Saunders said Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake shares as much responsibility as the ex-commissioner, Anthony Batts, for a strained relationship between police and many Baltimore residents.
- Baltimore police tap outside board to review riot response Updated: Jul-07-15 6:53 pm
BALTIMORE - An outside organization will review the Baltimore Police Department's response to recent rioting and civil unrest in the wake of the death of Freddie Gray at the commissioner's request.
- Police arrest man accused of setting fire to CVS in riots Updated: Jul-01-15 8:13 pm
BALTIMORE - Baltimore police have arrested a man authorities say set fire to a CVS pharmacy during the height of the riots that rocked the city after the death of Freddie Gray.