- Giants play another 1-run game, lose 2-1 to Padres Updated: Apr-19-14 2:35 am
- Ross, Padres beat Cain and Giants 2-1 Updated: Apr-19-14 2:08 am
- Kennedy takes 1-hitter into 7th still loses Updated: Apr-17-14 11:23 pm
- Franklin Morales helps Rockies beat Padres 3-1 Updated: Apr-17-14 10:48 pm
- De La Rosa goes 6 in Rockies' 4-2 loss to Padres Updated: Apr-17-14 3:01 am
- Indians split doubleheader with Padres Updated: Apr-09-14 8:03 pm
- Indians McAllister shuts down Padres 2-0 in Game 1 Updated: Apr-09-14 7:30 pm
- Smith, Denorfia lift Padres to 3-1 win over LA Updated: Mar-31-14 3:31 am
- Shields settles down after rough start in tuneup Updated: Mar-26-14 7:25 pm
- Cashner sharp in last tuneup; Padres tie Cubs 5-5 Updated: Mar-26-14 1:56 am
- Ross pitches into 7th, Padres and White Sox tie Updated: Mar-22-14 9:29 pm
- Kennedy, Venable lead Padres past Mariners 7-2 Updated: Mar-22-14 2:38 am
SAN DIEGO - The San Francisco Giants have played eight straight games decided by one run, losing four of them.
SAN DIEGO - Years later and some 500 miles to the south, Tyson Ross still considers the San Francisco Giants to be rivals.
SAN DIEGO - Ian Kennedy probably deserved a better outcome. Still, he knows he's on the right course.
SAN DIEGO - The Colorado Rockies got another unexpected outing from a starting pitcher who had been relegated to the bullpen.
SAN DIEGO - It was a small but important step for Colorado's Jorge De La Rosa.
CLEVELAND - Zach McAllister's gem in the first game put the Indians in position for a sweep of Wednesday's doubleheader against the San Diego Padres.
CLEVELAND - San Diego manager Bud Black was finally able to smile after a long, cold day at the ballpark.
PEORIA, Arizona - James Shields gave up seven runs in the first inning Wednesday before settling down to throw three scoreless ones in his final start before opening day in the Kansas City Royals' 9-5 loss to the San Diego Padres.
PEORIA, Arizona - Andrew Cashner allowed one unearned run in three innings for San Diego in his final start before opening night as the Padres and a Cubs split squad played to a 5-5 tie Tuesday night.
PEORIA, Arizona - Tyson Ross settled in Saturday as San Diego's No. 3 starter with 6 2-3 innings of solid work in a 3-3 tie with a Chicago White Sox split-squad on the same day that the Padres lost starter Josh Johnson for four to five weeks with an injury to his right forearm.