- Egypt says 30 percent turnout in 2nd round of voting Updated: Nov-25-15 3:28 pm
CAIRO - Turnout in the second round of Egypt's parliamentary elections was nearly 30 percent, authorities said Wednesday, with the vote expected to result in a rubber-stamp body loyal to President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi.
- Egypt's el-Sissi says security at airports being revised Updated: Nov-19-15 1:11 pm
CAIRO - Egypt's president said Thursday that his country has taken several steps to boost security at ports of entry following the Oct. 31 crash of a Russian airliner and vowed to not stop until all security loopholes are closed.
- IS releases picture of bomb it says downed Russian plane Updated: Nov-18-15 1:49 pm
CAIRO - The Islamic State group has released a photo of the bomb it says was used to bring down a Russian passenger plane in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula last month, killing all 224 people on board.
- Palestinian official: Gaza border deal reached with Egypt Updated: Nov-16-15 2:46 pm
RAMALLAH, West Bank - A senior Palestinian official on Monday said the Palestinian Authority has reached an agreement with Egypt to reopen the Gaza Strip's main border crossing in an arrangement meant to bypass the territory's Hamas rulers.
- Egypt's woes erode el-Sissi's image of invincibility Updated: Nov-14-15 7:34 am
CAIRO - The criticism was blunt - and startling, since it came from a TV presenter on a state-owned station that, like most other media in Egypt, usually has nothing but praise for Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi, the country's general-turned-president.
- Paris attacks reaction: Nordic governments condemn attacks Updated: Nov-14-15 5:50 am
PARIS - World leaders are reacting to the deadliest violence to strike France since World War II. Some of their comments:
- Paris attacks reaction: Israel condemns violence Updated: Nov-14-15 2:44 am
PARIS - World leaders are reacting to the deadliest violence to strike France since World War II. Some of their views:
- Arab, South America leaders stress support for Palestinians Updated: Nov-11-15 1:51 pm
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Arab and South American leaders found common ground in support for the Palestinians during a summit Wednesday aimed at strengthening ties between the two regions.
- Arab, Latin American leaders in Saudi for joint summit Updated: Nov-10-15 4:09 pm
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Heads of state from the Middle East and Latin America arrived in Saudi Arabia on Tuesday for a summit aimed at boosting trade and policy coordination between the two regions.
- In Egypt, angry talk of Western conspiracy over plane crash Updated: Nov-10-15 5:36 am
CAIRO - Egyptian media have reacted with fury as Britain and the United States increasingly point to a bomb as the cause of the Oct. 31 Russian plane crash in Sinai, with many outlets hammering home the same message: Egypt is facing a Western conspiracy that seeks to scare off tourists and destroy the country's economy.
- The Latest: US officials: Heat detected around Russian jet Updated: Nov-03-15 11:59 am
CAIRO - The latest developments after Saturday's crash of a Russian passenger plane in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula, killing all 224 people on board. (All times local).
- Official: Russian jet broke up at high altitude over Egypt Updated: Nov-01-15 3:29 pm
SHARM EL-SHEIKH, Egypt - The Russian jetliner that crashed shortly after takeoff from an Egyptian resort city broke up at high altitude, scattering fragments of wreckage over a wide area in the Sinai Peninsula, Russia's top aviation official said Sunday as search teams raced to recover the bodies of the 224 people who died.
- Rights group: Egypt has prevented scores from travelling Updated: Nov-01-15 9:57 am
CAIRO - Egypt has unlawfully prevented "scores" of people from leaving the country over the past year, U.S. based-Human Rights Watch said in a new report released Sunday.
- Officials search for cause of plane crash over Egypt's Sinai Updated: Oct-31-15 10:15 pm
SHARM EL-SHEIKH, Egypt - A Russian passenger airliner crashed Saturday in a remote mountainous part of Egypt's Sinai Peninsula 23 minutes after taking off from a popular Red Sea resort, killing all 224 people on board, including 25 children.