- NYC official questions oil firm's political giving Updated: Apr-21-14 5:01 pm
- Advice to Democrats: Don't say 'recovery' Updated: Apr-18-14 8:58 am
- Former US Attorney General Ashcroft to visit UMass Updated: Apr-12-14 9:37 am
- House panel refers ex-IRS official to Justice Dept Updated: Apr-09-14 4:28 pm
- Sen. Warner campaign says it has nearly $9 million Updated: Apr-09-14 4:17 pm
ALBANY, New York - The New York City comptroller has asked a Texas oil company to explain why it has been connected to political donations that appear to have little to do with its energy business.
WASHINGTON - Election-year memo to Democratic candidates: Don't talk about the economic recovery. It's a political loser.
AMHERST, Massachusetts - Former U.S. Attorney General John Ashcroft is scheduled to speak at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, a year after another visiting Republican figure prompted protests at the liberal campus.
WASHINGTON - The House Ways and Means Committee voted Wednesday to refer a former Internal Revenue Service official to the Justice Department for possible criminal prosecution in the agency's tea party controversy.
RICHMOND, Virginia - U.S. Sen. Mark Warner has nearly $9 million to spend on his re-election campaign, which has yet to begin in earnest, the Democratic senator and former governor's campaign announced Wednesday.