- Former US Attorney General Ashcroft to visit UMass Updated: Apr-12-14 9:37 am
- US Chamber of Commerce backs Tillis in NC race Updated: Apr-10-14 5:15 pm
- House panel refers ex-IRS official to Justice Dept Updated: Apr-09-14 4:28 pm
- Sen. Warner campaign says it has nearly $9 million Updated: Apr-09-14 4:17 pm
- Outside groups active in Va. Medicaid debate Updated: Mar-22-14 10:47 am
- Sen. Warren raising money for NH Sen. Shaheen Updated: Mar-20-14 12:26 am
AMHERST, Massachusetts - Former U.S. Attorney General John Ashcroft is scheduled to speak at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, a year after another visiting Republican figure prompted protests at the liberal campus.
WASHINGTON - Establishment-minded Republicans and social conservatives alike seem to have settled on a favorite candidate to face Sen. Kay Hagan, the North Carolina Democrat who is among the most vulnerable incumbents seeking re-election.
WASHINGTON - The House Ways and Means Committee voted Wednesday to refer a former Internal Revenue Service official to the Justice Department for possible criminal prosecution in the agency's tea party controversy.
RICHMOND, Virginia - U.S. Sen. Mark Warner has nearly $9 million to spend on his re-election campaign, which has yet to begin in earnest, the Democratic senator and former governor's campaign announced Wednesday.
RICHMOND, Virginia - In the fight over Medicaid expansion in Virginia - a debate that could lead to a state government shutdown - two of the groups leading public relations efforts on both sides are opaquely funded nonprofits with ties to wealthy out-of-state activists.
BOSTON - Sen. Elizabeth Warren is throwing her fundraising muscle behind fellow Democratic Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, who's facing a challenge from former Massachusetts Republican Sen. Scott Brown as she seeks a second term in New Hampshire.