- Germany, France see ghosts of WWI in Ukraine Updated: Apr-14-14 8:08 am
- France's new prime minister wins confidence vote Updated: Apr-08-14 2:20 pm
- French Greens bickering, divided as EU vote looms Updated: Apr-06-14 12:29 pm
- French power couple reunites - at Cabinet table Updated: Apr-04-14 8:01 am
- France awaits new government as Hollande struggles Updated: Apr-01-14 12:06 pm
- French voters deal blow to gov't, help far right Updated: Mar-30-14 8:28 pm
BERLIN - Senior French and German officials have warned that the surge in nationalism fueling the crisis in Ukraine echoes the ideas that gripped Europe a century ago and led to World War I.
PARIS - French lawmakers gave their country's new prime minister a vote of confidence Tuesday that is seen as an endorsement of his plans for an economic turnaround built on tax cuts and slashing bureaucracy to the extent of redrawing the map of France.
PARIS - France's Greens could well be upbeat: They tallied record results in recent municipal elections. They got an unprecedented offer for the No. 2 post in a Socialist-led Cabinet. They champion environmental issues that many French have been contemplating ever since Paris skies were recently coated in heavy smog.
PARIS - Is this a Cabinet meeting, or a family reunion? The new French government's first meeting includes a man and woman who had four children together, split up in the public eye and are now back together in the political spotlight.
PARIS - France's new prime minister, the popular and pugnacious Manuel Valls, took office Tuesday and is diving straight into a huge and thankless challenge: bringing back jobs, investors and hope to Europe's second-biggest economy.
PARIS - French voters dealt a severe blow to the Socialist government in Sunday's municipal elections, but the party saved face by retaining the crown jewel, Paris, which got its first female mayor.