- Clinton seeks crackdown for those breaking Wall Street rules Updated: Oct-08-15 4:09 pm
WASHINGTON - Just days before the first Democratic debate, Hillary Rodham Clinton released a series of proposals aimed at cracking down on bad behavior by Wall Street, vowing that individual bankers who violate the law will be "prosecuted and imprisoned."
- Boehner booked to visit Jimmy Fallon Updated: Oct-07-15 1:15 pm
NEW YORK - Outgoing House Speaker John Boehner is joining the parade of politicians to visit late-night TV.
- Chinese billionaire finds himself at center of a new scandal Updated: Oct-06-15 7:11 pm
NEW YORK - For the second time in three decades, a billionaire Chinese real estate mogul is central to a scandal over whether his money was used to buy influence in the United States.
- New York mayor, who worked for Clinton, meets with Sanders Updated: Oct-06-15 4:16 pm
NEW YORK - New York City mayor and former Hillary Clinton campaign manager Bill de Blasio (dih BLAH'-zee-oh) has met with her rival Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders.
- Clinton draws early support but also ambivalence from voters Updated: Oct-06-15 3:15 am
DERRY, New Hampshire - Inside the arena, the roar was deafening when Hillary Rodham Clinton took the stage at the annual convention of the New Hampshire Democratic Party. Thousands of people jumped to their feet to welcome their party's White House front-runner with cheers and noisemakers emblazoned with her campaign logo.
- Cuomo: Make gun violence a central question for politicians Updated: Oct-05-15 6:19 pm
ALBANY, New York - U.S. gunfire killings have reached a crisis and voters should demand every candidate for Congress or president answer what they'd do about it, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Monday.
- Leaders who follow: What candidates' Twitter lists reveal Updated: Oct-05-15 2:34 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Jeb Bush follows Donald Trump on Twitter but that's a one-way street: Trump mainly follows people with a connection to himself. Ted Cruz's follow list is a big tea party, though he keeps an eye on President Barack Obama, too.
- Meet Val the bartender: Hillary Clinton does an 'SNL' skit Updated: Oct-05-15 8:06 am
WASHINGTON - Set 'em up, Hillary Rodham Clinton, and lend an ear to the troubles of a presidential candidate.
- President Clinton speaks at opening of Anne Frank exhibit Updated: Oct-02-15 4:41 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Former President Bill Clinton said Friday he hoped a new exhibit outside his presidential library honoring Anne Frank will teach visitors to focus on their similarities, not the divisions that have led to tragedies.
- Again? Health care debate expands for 2016 Updated: Oct-02-15 12:06 pm
WASHINGTON - America's health care debate has been called an unhealthy political obsession. But if the 2016 presidential hopefuls have any say, it's about to get bigger.
- Ted Kennedy voices frustrations in newly released recordings Updated: Sep-30-15 3:56 pm
BOSTON - In newly released recordings, U.S. Sen. Edward Kennedy expresses his frustration over the way a failed 2007 immigration bill was handled in the Senate and the secretive approach President Bill Clinton took on his failed universal health care proposal, which Kennedy called a "catastrophic mistake."
- Supreme Court justice among honorees at Four Freedoms Awards Updated: Sep-30-15 10:13 am
NEW YORK - Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is among four people who have been awarded the Franklin D. Roosevelt Four Freedoms Awards.
- Former Clinton cabinet secretary Shalala suffers stroke Updated: Sep-30-15 1:28 am
NEW YORK - Donna Shalala, a former cabinet secretary under President Bill Clinton and president and CEO of the Clinton Foundation, has suffered a stroke.
- Judge revokes bail for Chinese billionaire's chief assistant Updated: Sep-29-15 7:37 pm
NEW YORK - Bail was revoked Tuesday for the chief assistant to a billionaire Chinese real estate mogul at the center of a Democratic campaign fundraising scandal in the 1990s.
- Clinton heading to Charlotte for fundraiser for her campaign Updated: Sep-29-15 4:10 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Hillary Rodham Clinton is heading back to North Carolina to raise money for her presidential campaign.
- Bill Clinton: Global Initiative has gotten results Updated: Sep-27-15 2:40 pm
NEW YORK - The Clinton Global Initiative's blend of government and private-sector effort has helped millions of people worldwide, former President Bill Clinton said Sunday, highlighting the philanthropic network's accomplishments at a time when his family's charitable efforts have come under scrutiny.
- Clinton aide delayed financial data sought by State Dep't Updated: Sep-25-15 5:07 pm
WASHINGTON - After Hillary Rodham Clinton designated long-time aide Huma Abedin for a job as a special adviser working for her at the State Department in 2012, Abedin delayed providing personal financial information repeatedly sought by the department's ethics officials to determine if she had any potential conflicts of interest, newly-released emails show.
- Pope's security faces Capitol test after parade incident Updated: Sep-24-15 10:08 am
WASHINGTON - Five-year-old Sophie Cruz made her way through a security fence and was just feet from Pope Francis' popemobile during a short parade around the White House when she hesitated.
- New report debunks link between al-Shabab and ivory trade Updated: Sep-24-15 8:25 am
JOHANNESBURG - There is little evidence to suggest al-Shabab extremists are heavily involved in the illegal ivory trade, contrary to some widely circulated assertions that the Somalia-based group receives significant profits from elephant poaching, according to a new report.
- Little Rock officials weigh renaming Confederate Boulevard Updated: Sep-23-15 10:53 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Though only a short stretch of Little Rock's Confederate Boulevard remains, to some it is a glaring reminder of the city's checkered racial past.
- Some notable moments between popes and US presidents Updated: Sep-22-15 10:45 am
Some notable moments in the nearly 100-year history of meetings between the pope and American presidents:
- Trump joins other politicians confronted by touchy questions Updated: Sep-19-15 11:59 am
ROCHESTER, New Hampshire - Political candidates are confronted with all sorts of questions and comments by the public and even supporters while campaigning, including plenty that are inaccurate and some that are sure to offend.
- Chelsea Clinton hopes inventors encouraged by Texas teen Updated: Sep-18-15 7:04 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Chelsea Clinton said Friday she hopes young inventors are encouraged by the widespread support that a 14-year-old Muslim boy in Texas received after he was handcuffed and suspended for bringing a homemade clock to class that officials mistook for a possible bomb.
- Bill Clinton to headline annual West Virginia Dems dinner Updated: Sep-18-15 11:19 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Former President Bill Clinton is returning to West Virginia to headline the biggest annual dinner for the state's Democrats.
- Chelsea Clinton: It's surprising not everyone loves my mom Updated: Sep-15-15 10:50 pm
NEW YORK - Chelsea Clinton said Tuesday it's surprising to hear her mom is slipping in the polls because she's "my hero."