- O'Malley makes presidential campaign stop in Tennessee Updated: Aug-28-15 8:53 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Former Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley knows he needs to make a big splash in early presidential contests like Iowa and New Hampshire, but he said he's already looking ahead to the next group of primary states like Tennessee in his bid for the Democratic nomination.
- Democratic Party lags in money before presidential year Updated: Aug-27-15 6:14 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Democratic National Committee barely has more cash than it does IOUs, and it is being outraised month after month by its Republican competitor.
- Hillary Clinton heads to Cleveland for Ohio organizing event Updated: Aug-27-15 3:09 am
CLEVELAND - Hillary Clinton is making a campaign stop in Ohio to shore up early organizing efforts in the political battleground state.
- Nevada, California talk Tahoe traffic fixes at 19th summit Updated: Aug-24-15 6:59 pm
ZEPHYR COVE, Nevada - Officials from both Nevada and California gathered on the shores of Lake Tahoe on Monday to discuss how to deal with the heavy visitor traffic that takes a toll on the lake environment.
- Head of NY Gaming Commission resigns, cites other work Updated: Aug-24-15 1:47 pm
ALBANY, New York - The chairman of the New York Gaming Commission has resigned.
- Chelsea Clinton speech moved because of demand for tickets Updated: Aug-23-15 12:26 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - An upcoming speech in Little Rock by Chelsea Clinton has been moved from the Great Hall at the Clinton Presidential Center to the Statehouse Convention Center because of ticket demand.
- New Hampshire primary campaigns rely on 'super volunteers' Updated: Aug-23-15 10:32 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Each Saturday morning, 78-year-old Gary Patton goes door to door to talk to his neighbors about Hillary Rodham Clinton. He starts with a friendly introduction to make sure people know he's a local - not some out-of-towner who doesn't understand New Hampshire.
- Former presidents G.W. Bush, Clinton to mark Katrina 10th Updated: Aug-20-15 4:37 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Mayor Mitch Landrieu says former Presidents George W. Bush and Bill Clinton will visit New Orleans next week for the 10th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. Their visits follow that of President Barack Obama, who is coming to the city Thursday.
- Former presidents G.W. Bush, Clinton to mark Katrina 10th Updated: Aug-20-15 3:28 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Mayor Mitch Landrieu says former Presidents George W. Bush and Bill Clinton will visit New Orleans next week for the 10th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. Their visits follow that of President Barak Obama, who's coming to the city Thursday.
- Ex-South Carolina governor Hodges endorses Hillary Clinton Updated: Aug-19-15 4:49 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Former South Carolina Gov. Jim Hodges officially backed Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign Wednesday, saying the former secretary of state is to be commended for going from an adversary of Barack Obama in 2008 to an ardent supporter.
- Bush family donors gave half of Jeb Bush's presidential cash Updated: Aug-19-15 10:44 am
WASHINGTON - Jeb Bush's fundraising network is two generations in the making, and it shows.
- Clinton endorsed by 2 ex-South Carolina governors Updated: Aug-18-15 5:40 pm
ATLANTA - Hillary Rodham Clinton is getting endorsements from two former Democratic governors in the early-voting state of South Carolina, including one who helped lead President Barack Obama's first campaign.
- Trump takes a detour off the trail, reports for jury duty Updated: Aug-17-15 4:40 pm
NEW YORK - Donald Trump pulled up in a long black limousine and gave a very presidential wave as he made his way into the building. Then the billionaire promptly found himself seated next to ordinary, wage-earning, subway-riding New Yorkers, forced to wait - and wait some more - for the wheels of justice to turn.
- Obama golfs, reads and enjoys private beach on vacation Updated: Aug-17-15 4:00 pm
CHILMARK, Massachusetts - Lots of golf, a family outing on a private beach and a stack of books. President Barack Obama's two-week vacation on Martha's Vineyard is shaping up as a pretty low-key retreat.
- Trump joining long list of celebrities with NYC jury duty Updated: Aug-16-15 3:01 pm
NEW YORK - New York has a star-studded jury pool and Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is due to join a long list of celebrities who have made the trip to lower Manhattan to sit with hundreds of others who could be picked to decide trials.
- Virginia governor heading to Maine for Democrats' fundraiser Updated: Aug-09-15 10:01 am
FREEPORT, Maine - Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe is swinging through Maine to help raise money for the state's Democratic party.
- Obama official: Any plans for Utah monuments will be open Updated: Aug-06-15 6:32 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - U.S. Interior Secretary Sally Jewell said Thursday that she can't guarantee President Barack Obama won't designate a new national monument in Utah, but any move to do so will be open and involve local input.
- Judge overseeing Brady case no stranger to big personalities Updated: Aug-05-15 8:01 pm
NEW YORK - If there's anybody who can take the hot air out of football's "Deflategate," it's a Manhattan federal judge with a history of encouraging fast resolutions to perplexing problems.
- GOP hopefuls take on illegal immigration in debate preview Updated: Aug-03-15 11:07 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - The Republican Party's presidential class demanded aggressive steps to curb illegal immigration, seizing on a delicate political issue while facing off in New Hampshire on Monday night during a crowded and pointed preview of the 2016 primary season's first full-fledged debate.
- U2 welcomes the Clintons, Springsteen at New York show Updated: Aug-01-15 9:46 am
NEW YORK - For its last of eight shows at Madison Square Garden and the finale to its North American tour, U2 welcomed some very famous guests.
- Hillary, Bill Clinton earn more than $139M between 2007-14 Updated: Jul-31-15 8:25 pm
WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton and her husband, former President Bill Clinton, earned more than $139 million between 2007 and 2014, according to eight years of federal income tax returns released by her campaign on Friday.
- Clinton's doctor says 2016 candidate in "excellent" health Updated: Jul-31-15 3:33 pm
WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton's physician said Friday that the Democratic presidential candidate is in "excellent physical condition" and has completely recovered from the effects of a concussion she suffered in 2012.
- Clinton charity donors surge amid Hillary Clinton's campaign Updated: Jul-30-15 10:25 pm
WASHINGTON - A new list of donors to the Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation shows a marked surge in donations and the numbers of contributors to the family charity in the first half of this year - at the same time that Hillary Rodham Clinton ramped up her campaign for the presidency.
- Democrats consider distance from Jefferson, Jackson Updated: Jul-30-15 4:45 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Democratic parties in the three states that start the presidential nominating process are exploring ending their association with two former White House occupants: Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson.
- For North Korea, Iran-style nuclear deal not an option Updated: Jul-30-15 7:01 am
PYONGYANG, North Korea - If any hopes have been raised that the progress between the United States and Iran to halt Tehran's development of nuclear weapons could bring change in Pyongyang, North Korea has gone out of its way to thwart them.