- Lock of Lennon's hair expected to fetch $10K at auction Updated: Feb-08-16 1:32 pm
DALLAS - A lock of hair snipped from the head of John Lennon as the Beatle prepared for a film role is expected to sell for $10,000 at a Dallas auction later this month.
- 300 rare and famous guitars coming to NYC auction Updated: Feb-06-16 10:45 am
NEW YORK - About 300 guitars, including instruments associated with Eric Clapton, Elvis Presley and Eddie Van Halen, are heading to a New York City auction.
- CMT to air 'Million Dollar Quartet' miniseries Updated: Feb-04-16 12:59 pm
NEW YORK - The CMT network is casting for its "Million Dollar Quartet" miniseries this month at Elvis Presley's alma mater in Memphis, Tennessee.
- Stewart says Sundance for 'film nerds,' Remembering Bowie Updated: Jan-24-16 11:59 pm
PARK CITY, Utah - The Associated Press is all over the Sundance Film Festival, which runs through Jan. 31, from its premieres to the Hollywood glitz. Here's what they've seen and heard:
- Macklemore explores his 'White Privilege' in new rap song Updated: Jan-23-16 3:48 pm
NEW YORK - Macklemore explores racism and hip-hop in a new song called "White Privilege II," rapping about a white person's position in society with black people fighting injustice and even namechecking Iggy Azalea for appropriating black culture, along with himself.
- Phoenix Essentials: Dining, hikes, art and sunshine Updated: Jan-21-16 10:03 am
PHOENIX - With hundreds of golf courses and 300 days of sunshine a year, it's easy to cast metropolitan Phoenix as a retiree's paradise that leaves everyone else out in the cold. But within the desert beats the heart of an actual urban core that has come into its own. There's an emerging restaurant-and-retail scene along with classic attractions like the view from Camelback Mountain, plus newfound treasures like peeking inside a little-known house designed by Frank Lloyd Wright.
- Book looks at Sam Phillips' career, early days in Alabama Updated: Jan-12-16 8:59 am
FLORENCE, Alabama - The legacy of Sam Phillips is inextricably tied to Memphis, Tennessee, and his Sun Records and studio. But Phillips' Alabama hometown holds the key to understanding the man who gave the world rock 'n' roll.
- David Bowie changed the very meaning of being a rock star Updated: Jan-11-16 7:36 am
NEW YORK - David Bowie made clear, in a way that was exhilarating and sometimes frightening, what every rock star since Elvis Presley and Little Richard had been telling us all along - that anything was possible.
- Cincinnati Zoo names baby penguin "Bowie" after singer Updated: Jan-10-16 2:48 pm
CINCINNATI - Having already earned a measure of "Fame" with the Cincinnati Zoo's first animal birth of 2016, a newborn penguin chick has been named "Bowie."