- A hunk of burning lights coming on at Graceland for holidays Updated: Nov-20-15 3:31 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Grammy-winning country artist Trisha Yearwood is flipping the switch to turn on the holiday lights and decorations at Graceland, Elvis Presley's home in Memphis.
- Memphis' travel essentials include history, music and beer Updated: Nov-12-15 9:02 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - This city loves its music. It protects its history. And it's really starting to like its beer.
- Phillips, who found Elvis, Cash, Perkins and Lewis, gets bio Updated: Nov-09-15 3:34 pm
"Sam Phillips: The Man Who Invented Rock 'n' Roll" (Little, Brown and Co.), by Peter Guralnick
- George Barris, creator of TV's original Batmobile, has died Updated: Nov-05-15 7:24 pm
LOS ANGELES - George Barris, the legendary custom car builder who created television's original Batmobile and helped define California's car culture with colorfully designed vehicles ranging from the stunningly beautiful to the simply outrageous, died Thursday. He was 89.
- Elvis songwriter Mac Davis honored by BMI Updated: Nov-04-15 12:07 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Songwriter Mac Davis, who wrote the Elvis Presley classic "In the Ghetto," was honored at the BMI Country Awards in Nashville, Tennessee, on Tuesday with tributes from Luke Bryan and Little Big Town.
- Oak Ridge Boys, the Browns inducted into Hall of Fame Updated: Oct-26-15 1:45 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The sound of voices in synch filled the air as two of country music's greatest vocal harmony groups, the Oak Ridge Boys and the Browns, along with the late gifted guitarist Grady Martin were inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame on Sunday night.