- Senators seek VA probe to see if mishandled claims systemic Updated: May-06-15 3:22 am
WASHINGTON - Troubled by delays in handling of veterans claims, a bipartisan group of senators is seeking a wide-scale independent review of the Department of Veterans Affairs for mismanagement and changes to improve budgeting and speed up applications.
- Fee proposed on rail cars that haul oil, other flammables Updated: Apr-30-15 6:15 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - U.S. senators from six states on Thursday proposed that the government charge companies a special fee to ship oil, ethanol and other flammable liquids in older railroad tank cars that have been involved in fiery explosions.
- Watchdog group issues dismal report on global press freedom Updated: Apr-29-15 4:14 pm
WASHINGTON - Terrorists are targeting journalists, authoritarian governments are jailing them and some countries are tightening media controls, developments that help explain why global press freedom in 2014 fell to the lowest point in more than 10 years, a democracy watchdog group said Wednesday.
- Capitol Hill Buzz: Dems push higher pay for Senate workers Updated: Apr-28-15 1:47 am
WASHINGTON - Reports about a Senate cafeteria worker who makes so little money he is homeless are prompting calls for change from Democrats on Capitol Hill.
- Senator: Funds needed to help Pa. city combat gun violence Updated: Apr-27-15 5:48 pm
The federal government should send more money to help a small northeastern Pennsylvania city battling a rash of gun violence, a senator said Monday.
- Pennsylvania Sen. Bob Casey to endorse Hillary Clinton Updated: Apr-23-15 8:04 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania Sen. Bob Casey is preparing to publicly endorse Hillary Rodham Clinton for president.
- Obama defends pursuit of sweeping trade pact Updated: Apr-17-15 5:11 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama on Friday defended his pursuit of a sweeping trade pact as good for American workers in a global economy, dismissing fierce opposition from his own party as a "ratification of the status quo."