- For unions, Democrats' 2014 primary is a dilemma Updated: Dec-07-13 2:37 pm
- Penny Lane: Gitmo's other secret CIA facility Updated: Nov-26-13 3:43 pm
- Iowa Sen. not slowing down as term draws to end Updated: Nov-23-13 4:15 pm
- Gettysburg park expansion clears Senate hurdle Updated: Nov-22-13 5:24 pm
- Health care dispute could delay Iran sanctions Updated: Nov-15-13 4:31 pm
- Parades, speeches mark Veterans Day in Pa. Updated: Nov-11-13 5:46 pm
- Senate OKs gay rights bill banning discrimination Updated: Nov-07-13 6:14 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - In 2002, the clock hadn't even struck 12:01 a.m. before Pennsylvania's labor unions had given well beyond $1 million to Bob Casey, the rising star of the state Democratic Party who nevertheless went on to lose the gubernatorial primary to Ed Rendell six months later in a race that wasn't even close.
WASHINGTON - A few hundred yards from the administrative offices of the Guantanamo Bay prison, hidden behind a ridge covered in thick scrub and cactus, sits a closely held secret.
DES MOINES, Iowa - When Iowa Sen. Tom Harkin completes his last year in office, the longstanding lawmaker may take a certain brand of liberal Midwestern populism with him.
GETTYSBURG, Pennsylvania - A plan to expand Gettysburg National Military Park is moving forward.
WASHINGTON - Under pressure from President Barack Obama, the Democratic-controlled Senate could delay a likely vote on a new round of tough sanctions on Iran.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvanians marked Veterans Day on Monday with parades, wreath-laying ceremonies and patriotic speeches honoring those who have served in the nation's armed forces.
WASHINGTON - Reflecting Americans' increasing acceptance of gays, the Senate on Thursday approved legislation that would bar workplace discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity.