- '12 Years' vies with 'Hunger Games' at MTV Awards Updated: Mar-06-14 10:46 am
- McConaughey wins Oscar for best actor Updated: Mar-02-14 11:59 pm
- SHOW BITS: A tale of 2 red carpets Updated: Mar-02-14 8:40 pm
- 'Hogan's Heroes' star Clary marks 88th birthday Updated: Feb-28-14 2:25 pm
- Reno man rebuilt 'Titanic' auto, other famous cars Updated: Feb-27-14 3:07 pm
- Global Green party kicks off Oscar week Updated: Feb-27-14 5:16 am
- Oscar predictions: What will win and should win Updated: Feb-26-14 1:22 pm
- Green light often highest hurdle on road to Oscars Updated: Feb-24-14 1:40 pm
- Charting the McConaissance, film by film Updated: Feb-21-14 2:53 am
- Ex-money manager to stars is arrested again in NY Updated: Feb-20-14 1:08 pm
- Could 'Wolf' mark end of DiCaprio's Oscar drought? Updated: Feb-19-14 5:57 pm
- Oscars rich in tales of wealthy and poor Updated: Feb-17-14 11:05 am
- '12 Years a Slave' named best film at UK awards Updated: Feb-16-14 9:10 pm
- Oscar nominees arrive for annual luncheon Updated: Feb-10-14 8:58 pm
- A space commercializes, where does Houston fit? Updated: Feb-09-14 1:27 pm
- DiCaprio, Hill re-team for story of Richard Jewell Updated: Feb-08-14 11:56 am
NEW YORK - Oscar winner "12 Years a Slave" will face off with blockbusters like "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" and "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" at the MTV Movie Awards.
LOS ANGELES - Matthew McConaughey has won the Academy Award for best actor for his performance as a desperate and determined AIDS patient in "Dallas Buyers Club."
LOS ANGELES - Show Bits brings you the 86th annual Academy Awards in Los Angeles through the eyes of Associated Press journalists. Follow them on Twitter where available with the handles listed after each item.
LOS ANGELES - Robert Clary of "Hogan's Heroes" fame said he will be celebrating his 88th birthday this weekend simply, at a dinner out with friends, and with gratitude for his long life.
RENO, Nevada - In a lifetime spent under the hood, Reno's Everett Adams has quietly built an encyclopedic knowledge of engines and a museum's worth of cars, boats, airplanes and memorabilia.
HOLLYWOOD, California - Global Green USA kicked off Oscar week with a worthy celebration dedicated to rebuilding communities subject to environmental degradation.
A seemingly endless movie awards season finally concludes Sunday with the Academy Awards. By now, many of the front-runners have established themselves, but the night's big honor - best picture - remains a dramatic question mark.
NEW YORK - This year's Academy Awards nominees reflect a Hollywood truism: The margin between the dust bin and the Oscar red carpet is often razor thin.
NEW YORK - Six years ago, Matthew McConaughey was starring in a movie called "Surfer, Dude," a film about as good as its title implies. He played a shirtless surfer plunged into an existential crises when his good luck with waves runs out.
NEW YORK - A former money manager to celebrities including Leonardo DiCaprio and Ben Affleck has been arrested again on fraud charges.
BEVERLY HILLS, California - Leonardo DiCaprio is poking his head out of a poolside room at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.
NEW YORK - Early in "Captain Phillips," the cargo ship captain (Tom Hanks) and his wife (Catherine Keener) drive from their Vermont home to the airport where he'll take a flight to his next job, one that will bring him face-to-face with the less fortunate on the other side of the globe. Like the chatter of so many couples, their conversation turns to their general feeling of economic uncertainty.
LONDON - The force of "Gravity" was strong at the British Academy Film Awards on Sunday - but it was unflinching drama "12 Years a Slave" that took the top prize.
BEVERLY HILLS, California - More than 150 Oscar nominees gathered at a Beverly Hills hotel on Monday to celebrate the joy of just being nominated.
HOUSTON - With two corporations, SpaceX and Orbital Sciences, already delivering supplies to NASA's International Space Station, a golden age may be at hand for private space firms.
SANTA BARBARA, California - Leonardo DiCaprio says he and "The Wolf of Wall Street" co-star Jonah Hill are "going to come up with something unique" as they re-team to tell the story of 1996 Olympics security guard Richard Jewell.