- NJ senators ask for FEMA extension Updated: Mar-06-14 2:55 pm
- Congress set to take 1st steps on Ukraine, Russia Updated: Mar-06-14 10:38 am
- 2 years later, Congress poised to undo flood law Updated: Mar-05-14 3:31 am
- Latino group leader: Obama is 'deporter in chief' Updated: Mar-04-14 8:52 pm
- NJ cities, towns seek federal storm aid Updated: Feb-14-14 4:30 pm
- US: Bangladesh must do more to regain trade perk Updated: Feb-11-14 2:38 pm
WASHINGTON - The House of Representatives was poised Thursday to pass the first aid bill for Ukraine's new, pro-Western government, while both chambers of Congress looked to advance legislation imposing hard-hitting sanctions on Russian President Vladimir Putin's government.
WASHINGTON - Less than two years after Congress approved a landmark bill to overhaul the federal flood insurance program, lawmakers are poised to undo many of the changes after homeowners in flood-prone areas complained about sharp increases in premiums.
WASHINGTON - The president of a prominent Latino advocacy group called President Barack Obama the "deporter in chief," denouncing the administration's deportation of nearly 2 million immigrants.
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey's League of Municipalities says the severe winter is sapping the budgets of towns and cities, and it hopes the federal government can help.
WASHINGTON - Bangladesh needs to do much more on improving labor standards to win back duty-free trade benefits suspended after the global textile industry's worst disaster, U.S. officials said Tuesday.