- Palmer's 8-yard TD run leads first-place Cards past 49ers Updated: Nov-29-15 7:36 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Carson Palmer and the Arizona Cardinals had to squeak one out in ugly fashion at San Francisco to keep their winning streak alive.
- 49ers not worried about Mathieu's comments Updated: Nov-27-15 8:17 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Arizona Cardinals defensive back Tyrann Mathieu made waves this week with comments about San Francisco 49ers quarterbacks Colin Kaepernick and new starter Blaine Gabbert.
- Rookie 49ers QB Dylan Thompson prepares in case he's needed Updated: Nov-25-15 4:22 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Dylan Thompson has spent the majority of his rookie season as the scout team quarterback, posing as Aaron Rodgers, Carson Palmer or Russell Wilson in practice to prepare the starting defense.
- Rawls big night leads Seahawks past 49ers, 29-13 Updated: Nov-23-15 2:48 am
SEATTLE - Thomas Rawls is not a big stats guy. When it came to recalling the last time he rushed for 200 yards in a game, all Rawls could remember was that it happened at Central Michigan.
- 49ers can't slow Rawls in 29-13 loss to Seahawks Updated: Nov-22-15 10:05 pm
SEATTLE - Against one of the top defenses in the league, Blaine Gabbert showed flashes of why San Francisco went ahead with benching Colin Kaepernick.
- Rawls runs for 209 yards as Seahawks beat 49ers 29-13 Updated: Nov-22-15 9:28 pm
SEATTLE - About two hours before kickoff Seattle's Thomas Rawls was in the locker room getting loosened up. He was told Marshawn Lynch wouldn't be able to play.
- 49ers GM says Kaepernick surgery was mutual decision Updated: Nov-22-15 2:35 pm
SEATTLE - The decision for San Francisco quarterback Colin Kaepernick to have season-ending surgery on his left, non-throwing shoulder was a mutual decision between the quarterback and the team, 49ers general manager Trent Baalke said Sunday.
- Carlos Hyde out; Shaun Draughn to start in Seattle Updated: Nov-20-15 7:54 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - San Francisco running back Carlos Hyde will miss his third game with a stress fracture in his left foot, 49ers coach Jim Tomsula said Friday, days after suggesting he might be available.
- 49ers defenders Bowman, Williams return to Seattle at last Updated: Nov-19-15 5:45 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Ian Williams passed NaVorro Bowman in the locker room earlier this week and reminded his teammate they would be returning to Seattle's home field and the scene of major injuries from the 2013 season that temporarily derailed their careers.
- Gabbert provides 49ers' offense new look against Seahawks Updated: Nov-18-15 6:27 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Having not won in Seattle's CenturyLink Field since 2011, the San Francisco 49ers are hoping a change at quarterback can spark their struggling offense against the Seahawks.
- Cam has Carolina bound for Cali for Super Bowl 50 Updated: Nov-10-15 3:30 am
Superman is going to the Super Bowl.
- Arizona in control but Seattle will have chance to catch up Updated: Nov-10-15 3:14 am
- 49ers Tomsula names Gabbert starting QB to face Seattle Updated: Nov-09-15 10:19 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - As expected, San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Tomsula is sticking with Blaine Gabbert as the starting quarterback after the bye week.
- Falcons take first losing streak under Quinn into bye week Updated: Nov-09-15 5:19 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - Dan Quinn dismissed Atlanta Falcons players for their bye week on Monday with instructions to rest, heal and come back ready to "let it rip."
- Promoted backup QB Blaine Gabbert leads 49ers past Falcons Updated: Nov-09-15 2:51 am
SANTA CLARA, California - Jim Tomsula's team had just pulled off a hard-to-come-by victory against a contender and still found himself noncommittal about his starting quarterback for the next game.
- Promoted backup Blaine Gabbert leads 49ers past Falcons Updated: Nov-08-15 11:48 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Blaine Gabbert led the San Francisco 49ers to a rare win, then left Levi's Stadium unsure if he has earned himself another start.
- 49ers make QB change from Kaepernick to Gabbert Updated: Nov-05-15 3:16 am
SANTA CLARA, California - Three years after Colin Kaepernick led the San Francisco 49ers on a Super Bowl run, coach Jim Tomsula decided his struggling quarterback needed a break and his dormant offense needed a change.
- Falcons could have new-look secondary against 49ers Updated: Nov-04-15 3:43 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - The Atlanta Falcons could have as many as three new starters in their secondary against San Francisco on Sunday, perhaps lessening the defense's ability to take advantage of major changes on the 49ers' offense.
- Agent: 49ers adding running back Pierre Thomas to fill void Updated: Nov-03-15 5:11 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - The San Francisco 49ers signed running back Pierre Thomas on Tuesday to bolster the position given a rash of recent injuries, adding to a wild two days of change for the once-proud franchise that included the benching of struggling quarterback Colin Kaepernick.