- Senate leader says tax dispute won't delay budget Updated: May-26-15 4:57 pm
BOSTON - A constitutional dispute between the two legislative branches over the Senate's taxation powers is an "honest disagreement" that should not delay final passage of the state's $38 billion budget, Massachusetts Senate President Stan Rosenberg said Tuesday.
- Public hearing scheduled for Gov. Baker's MBTA overhaul bill Updated: May-24-15 11:43 am
BOSTON - A bill filed by Gov. Charlie Baker to overhaul the beleaguered Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority is the subject of a second public hearing this week.
- Ex-AG Coakley lands job at Boston law firm Updated: May-20-15 4:13 pm
BOSTON - Martha Coakley, the former Massachusetts attorney general who also ran unsuccessfully for governor and the U.S. Senate, has joined a Boston law firm.
- In Massachusetts, some fear a 'brain drain' on Beacon Hill Updated: May-16-15 9:16 am
BOSTON - Gov. Charlie Baker's plan to encourage thousands of state workers in Massachusetts to take early retirement is fueling fears of a "brain drain" on Beacon Hill as departing employees take with them decades of experience and institutional knowledge.
- Massachusetts home care workers press for $15 per hour wage Updated: May-13-15 4:32 pm
BOSTON - Hundreds of homecare workers delivered hand-signed letters to Gov. Charlie Baker's office Wednesday pressing for what they called a $15 an hour "living wage."
- Feds deny state's bid to extend snow disaster aid Updated: May-13-15 1:02 pm
BOSTON - The federal government has denied Massachusetts' request to expand disaster aid for a January blizzard, the first of several major storms that pummeled the state this past winter.
- Gov. Baker heading to DC to meet delegation, officials Updated: May-13-15 4:07 am
BOSTON - Gov. Charlie Baker is heading to Washington D.C. on Wednesday.
- Joe Kennedy: It's time to strengthen transgender protections Updated: May-07-15 4:22 pm
BOSTON - U.S. Rep. Joe Kennedy is pressing state lawmakers to approve legislation strengthening legal protections for transgender people.
- Baker halts expansion of Boston convention center Updated: Apr-29-15 7:04 pm
BOSTON - Gov. Charlie Baker has halted a $1 billion expansion of the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center.
- Officials: More than 1,000 overdose deaths in 2014 Updated: Apr-28-15 3:32 pm
BOSTON - State health officials say more than 1,000 people died as a result of opioid-related overdoses in Massachusetts last year - an increase of 33 percent from 2012 and part of an ongoing spike in deaths blamed on prescription drug and heroin abuse.
- Massachusetts AG optimistic court to OK gay marriage rights Updated: Apr-28-15 3:23 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey says she's cautiously optimistic the Supreme Court will rule in favor of gay marriage.