- Why Georgetown students want to eat dinner with strangers Updated: May-24-15 9:32 am
WASHINGTON - It's hard to say what was more uncomfortable at the beginning - the silences, or the halting small talk people tried to make, about hometowns and the storm that was about to hit. Six strangers had gathered around a table at a Georgetown senior's apartment, invited by an anonymous person (or maybe people?) and they didn't know what to expect.
- National Portrait Gallery show explores nature of celebrity Updated: May-20-15 7:51 am
WASHINGTON - In the age of selfies, social media and streaming videos, the idea of what makes a celebrity has expanded far beyond the Hollywood icons of the past. Now scientists, technology geeks, designers, writers and YouTube stars achieve fame alongside athletes and entertainers.
- Taylor Swift wins 8 at Billboard Awards; Kanye gets booed Updated: May-18-15 12:26 am
LAS VEGAS - Taylor Swift dominated the Billboard Music Awards with eight wins, including top artist, while Kanye West was booed during his performance that closed the three-hour event.
- Singer Tove Lo rising on pop charts as singer and songwriter Updated: May-15-15 8:17 pm
LAS VEGAS - Tove Lo is having a sexy year, musically speaking.
- Nicole Richie taking over as boss lady on PopSugar comedy Updated: Apr-30-15 6:58 pm
NEW YORK - PopSugar's workplace comedy "Seriously Distracted" will be back for another season with a new boss played by Nicole Richie.
- Glu Mobile lands big China deal that could signal expansion Updated: Apr-30-15 12:58 pm
NEW YORK - A $126 million investment from a Chinese gaming company sent shares of Glu Mobile soaring almost 20 percent Thursday.
- Glu Mobile adds Britney Spears to celebrity game roster Updated: Apr-29-15 6:19 pm
- The Latest: 'Jersey Boys' serenade guests at state dinner Updated: Apr-28-15 10:59 pm
10:40 p.m. (EDT)
- Michelle Obama dons Tadashi Shoji gown at Japan state dinner Updated: Apr-28-15 8:10 pm
WASHINGTON - First lady Michelle Obama paid tribute to the nation of honor at Tuesday's White House dinner for Japan by wearing a gown by Japanese-born designer Tadashi Shoji.