- Education leader: Blue ribbon commission meetings to be open Updated: Apr-27-16 5:46 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - The chairman of a blue ribbon education commission says all future meetings will be open to the public after Maine House Speaker Mark Eves, a Democrat, called for sanctions over a closed-door meeting at the Republican governor's mansion earlier this week.
- Maine governor apologizes for abruptly leaving ceremony Updated: Apr-27-16 4:20 pm
FARMINGTON, Maine - Maine Gov. Paul LePage has apologized for abruptly leaving a ceremony at the University of Maine at Farmington. He also vowed Wednesday to avoid such events in the future to avoid creating a distraction.
- The Latest: Maine GOP elects Cruz-heavy slate of delegates Updated: Apr-23-16 9:13 pm
BANGOR, Maine - The Latest on the Maine GOP convention (all times local):
- New safety course rules for motorcycle riders in Maine Updated: Apr-23-16 12:33 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine Secretary of State Matthew Dunlap says motorcycle enthusiasts who want to earn a motorcycle endorsement on their driver's licenses must now complete a rider education course.
- Trump, Cruz supporters at odds over Maine GOP delegates Updated: Apr-22-16 10:03 pm
BANGOR, Maine - Supporters of presidential candidates Donald Trump and Sen. Ted Cruz clashed Friday over the apportionment of Maine delegates to the Republican National Convention this summer.
- Officials: Gov. LePage cancels forum to stay at State House Updated: Apr-15-16 1:04 pm
NEWCASTLE, Maine - State officials say Gov. Paul LePage cancelled a forum at a high school so he could remain at the State House as lawmakers work toward adjourning for the session.
- LePage to run Education Department without commissioner Updated: Apr-14-16 9:01 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine Gov Paul LePage has taken steps to keep the Education Department running without a commissioner.
- Ben Carson to give keynote address at Maine GOP convention Updated: Apr-13-16 5:45 pm
BANGOR, Maine - Former presidential candidate Ben Carson will be the keynote speaker at the Maine Republican Party state convention on April 22.
- New Massachusetts rules play role in decline of Maine lumber Updated: Apr-07-16 4:07 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - New renewable energy standards in Massachusetts are adding to the problems of Maine's logging industry, which is already threatened by the collapse of the biomass market and recent closure of pulp and paper mills.
- Woman who threw Vaseline at Maine governor town hall can run Updated: Apr-04-16 6:20 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - The Maine secretary of state says a woman who halted a town hall meeting by throwing a jar of Vaseline in the direction of outspoken Republican Gov. Paul LePage has submitted enough signatures to appear on a ballot.