- Vaccine bills draw parents, doctors to the Maine Statehouse Updated: May-11-15 4:50 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Public health experts pressed lawmakers Monday to support bills aimed at boosting vaccination rates in Maine, but Republican Gov. Paul LePage's administration and other critics said it's inappropriate to strip parents of the ability to choose whether to inoculate their children.
- Feds urge US Supreme Court to reject Maine Medicaid case Updated: May-06-15 6:07 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - The federal government is urging the U.S. Supreme Court to reject Republican Gov. Paul LePage's request to decide whether Maine can eliminate Medicaid coverage for thousands of low-income young adults.
- Maine PUC clashes over releasing market projection models Updated: May-05-15 5:07 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Republican Gov. Paul LePage's appointees to the Maine Public Utilities Commission on Tuesday rejected a proposal to make public the growing number of "grading schemes" used to judge energy projects' economic benefits for ratepayers.
- LePage nominee to utility board 'agnostic' to energy source Updated: May-04-15 4:59 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Gov. Paul LePage's newest nominee to the Maine Public Utilities Commission shares his view on energy: The source of the energy doesn't matter as long as it makes economic sense.
- LePage plan to change nuclear power rules meets resistance Updated: Apr-29-15 6:08 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Environmentalists and anti-nuclear activists on Wednesday blasted Gov. Paul LePage's proposal to make it easier to bring small nuclear power plants to Maine because it would strip voters of the power to sign off on new plants.
- Clarification: New England Energy story Updated: Apr-24-15 11:23 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - In a story April 23 about energy policy, The Associated Press reported that five of New England's six governors said they would work across the region while each state pursues individual projects. The story should have made clear that the statement was agreed to by all six leaders, including New Hampshire Gov. Maggie Hassan, who did not attend the gathering in Hartford.