- Cutler tax plan focuses on lowering property taxes Updated: Apr-15-14 12:50 pm
- New US Navy destroyer Zumwalt christened in Maine Updated: Apr-12-14 3:35 pm
- Social media engagement varies by Maine candidates Updated: Apr-06-14 2:32 pm
- Heroin overdose antidote: Who gets to carry it? Updated: Apr-04-14 1:58 pm
- FDA approves easy-to-use heroin overdose antidote Updated: Apr-03-14 3:25 pm
- Maine wants recognition of Agent Orange exposure Updated: Apr-02-14 5:59 pm
- Gubernatorial candidate Cutler makes roads pitch Updated: Apr-01-14 5:55 pm
- LePage administration adopts no-texting policy Updated: Mar-28-14 4:23 pm
- Maine governor accused of lack of transparency Updated: Mar-18-14 4:40 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - As the legislative session nears a close, independent Eliot Cutler sought to refocus attention Tuesday on the three-way governor's race with a property tax relief proposal that would slash taxes for homeowners while attempting to shift some of the tax burden onto visitors, possibly through a seasonal sales tax.
BATH, Maine - The U.S. Navy on Saturday christened the first ship of its newest class of destroyers, a more than $3 billion, 610-foot-long warship sporting advanced technology and a stealthy shape designed to minimize its visibility on enemy radar and reduce the size of its crew.
AUGUSTA, Maine - All three gubernatorial candidates in Maine are using Facebook well, but there are differences when it comes to their engagement with potential voters, according to two social media specialists.
CAMDEN, New Jersey - As deaths from heroin and powerful painkillers skyrocket nationwide, governments and clinics are working to put a drug that can reverse an opiate overdose into the hands of more paramedics, police officers and the people advocates say are the most critical group - people who abuse drugs, and their friends and families.
WASHINGTON - Friends and family will be able to take the first step to save a loved one from an overdose of heroin or powerful painkillers called opioids.
PORTLAND, Maine - Gov. Paul LePage has signed into law a bill calling on the federal government to recognize disabilities suffered by Maine soldiers who were exposed to Agent Orange at a military base in Canada.
PORTLAND, Maine - Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler called for improved roads, cellular service and Internet access during the first major policy announcement of his campaign on Tuesday.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Gov. Paul LePage's administration has adopted a new policy to ensure that officials aren't using text or instant messages to conduct state business.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Gov. Paul LePage pledged to make his administration one of the most transparent in history when he ran for office, but critics say recent revelations that members of his administration destroyed state documents and may have used text messages to evade the state's open records law suggest that he's falling far short of that goal.