- UMaine-led offshore wind project gets $3.7M boost Updated: Nov-16-15 12:19 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - The U.S. Department of Energy is awarding another $3.7 million to a University of Maine-led offshore wind power pilot project, a sign of confidence in the project, officials said Monday.
- New England, Quebec officials urge hydropower push Updated: Nov-13-15 4:06 pm
BOSTON - Quebec and New England officials called Friday for stepped up efforts to deliver hydropower across the U.S.-Canada border to the six-state region, arguing it would lower energy costs and help tackle climate change.
- National Guard 133rd Engineer Battalion won't leave Maine Updated: Nov-06-15 3:38 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Plans to convert the 133rd Engineer Battalion into an infantry battalion have been scrapped, the adjutant general of the Maine National Guard said Friday.
- The Latest: Maine voters bolster clean election law Updated: Nov-03-15 11:42 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - The latest on the Maine election. (All times local.)
- Petition signers videotaped at polling places in Maine Updated: Nov-03-15 4:51 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - A group calling itself Project Dirigo videotaped voters who on Tuesday signed petitions seeking to put a gun control issue on the 2016 ballot, raising concerns about voter intimidation.
- Maine GOP learns it can collect signatures on Election Day Updated: Nov-02-15 4:05 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - The Maine Republican Party received approval Monday to circulate petitions for the governor's proposal to slash the income tax and to reform welfare, setting off a scramble to get the petitions copied and distributed so signature-gatherers can tackle an ambitious goal of collecting more than 61,000 signatures within three months.
- Advocates, businesses at odds over Maine clean elections law Updated: Nov-01-15 10:57 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Maine voters are getting ready to decide proposed changes to their state's public campaign finance law as business interests disagree over the measure, the governor calls it "a scam" and a U.S. senator praises the effort to "pull back the curtain on secret money."