- Newspaper: LePage staff involved in budget discussions Updated: Jul-30-15 6:07 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Gov. Paul LePage's staff was engaged with lawmakers during behind-the-scenes budget negotiations even as the governor railed against legislative leaders and said he had "no clue" what they were going to adopt, a newspaper reported Thursday.
- Probe sought into claim that LePage forced official's ouster Updated: Jul-28-15 6:35 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Two Democratic Maine lawmakers want the state's watchdog agency to investigate claims that Republican Gov. Paul LePage forced the president of the World Acadian Congress to resign.
- Effort launched to nix asylum seeker law at the ballot box Updated: Jul-13-15 9:17 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Republican activist and three state lawmakers have launched an effort to block a contentious new law that would allow people who are seeking asylum in the state to receive municipal welfare benefits.
- Indian company partnering to create call center jobs in US Updated: Jul-09-15 11:43 am
PORTLAND, Maine - An Indian-based tech support company is looking to U.S. workers for help.
- Maine to allow carrying of concealed guns without a permit Updated: Jul-08-15 3:23 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Republican Gov. Paul LePage signed a bill on Wednesday that will make Maine one of a handful of states where residents are free to carry a hidden firearm without a permit.