- Maine PUC clashes over releasing market projection models Updated: May-05-15 5:07 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Republican Gov. Paul LePage's appointees to the Maine Public Utilities Commission on Tuesday rejected a proposal to make public the growing number of "grading schemes" used to judge energy projects' economic benefits for ratepayers.
- LePage nominee to utility board 'agnostic' to energy source Updated: May-04-15 4:59 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Gov. Paul LePage's newest nominee to the Maine Public Utilities Commission shares his view on energy: The source of the energy doesn't matter as long as it makes economic sense.
- LePage plan to change nuclear power rules meets resistance Updated: Apr-29-15 6:08 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Environmentalists and anti-nuclear activists on Wednesday blasted Gov. Paul LePage's proposal to make it easier to bring small nuclear power plants to Maine because it would strip voters of the power to sign off on new plants.
- Clarification: New England Energy story Updated: Apr-24-15 11:23 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - In a story April 23 about energy policy, The Associated Press reported that five of New England's six governors said they would work across the region while each state pursues individual projects. The story should have made clear that the statement was agreed to by all six leaders, including New Hampshire Gov. Maggie Hassan, who did not attend the gathering in Hartford.
- LePage revokes order promoting cooperation with tribes Updated: Apr-21-15 5:28 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Gov. Paul LePage has rescinded a 2011 executive order that sought to promote cooperation between the state and American Indian tribes.