- Massachusetts plan could spur hydro imports to New England Updated: Feb-07-16 9:08 am
BOSTON - Tapping into Canadian hydropower is hardly a new concept in energy-starved New England. But Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker's proposal to authorize long-term contracts between utilities and hydropower producers is being viewed in some quarters as a potential game-changer for the region.
- Recent state laws on domestic abuse, gun rights Updated: Feb-06-16 8:13 am
Specifics of the state laws passed during the last two years that are intended to make it harder for people convicted or suspected of domestic violence to access firearms:
- Republican Senate president makes history at MLK event Updated: Jan-19-16 3:47 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Maine Senate President Mike Thibodeau says he was happy to participate in Portland's Martin Luther King Jr. celebration.
- Maine governor calls failed impeachment effort 'foolishness' Updated: Jan-14-16 4:37 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Critics of Maine Gov. Paul LePage failed to muster support for a vote Thursday on an independent investigation that could have led to impeachment for alleged abuse of power.
- Gov. LePage takes a pass on State of the State speech Updated: Jan-12-16 4:23 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Facing an impeachment effort, Gov. Paul LePage said Tuesday he'll skip the traditional State of the State speech to a joint session of the Maine Legislature.