- Peterson, Vikings trample banged-up Chargers 31-14 Updated: Sep-27-15 6:22 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Adrian Peterson wasn't in peak shape two games into this comeback season, so he showed up at Minnesota's practice facility on his day off this week for a series of 100-yard sprints, 18 in all.
- Rivers roughed up behind depleted line in Bolts' 31-14 loss Updated: Sep-27-15 6:16 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The offensive linemen kept dropping and the hits kept coming on Philip Rivers, prompting San Diego Chargers great and CBS analyst Dan Fouts to plead during the telecast for coach Mike McCoy to pull his starting quarterback for his own safety.
- The Latest: Veteran Viking romps 91 yards with interception Updated: Sep-27-15 3:49 pm
The Latest from NFL stadiums around the country on the third Sunday of the season (all times EDT):
- McCoy defends decision not to use timeouts before halftime Updated: Sep-21-15 9:25 pm
SAN DIEGO - Chargers coach Mike McCoy is defending his decision not to use his final two timeouts at the end of the first half of Sunday's loss at Cincinnati and at least get the ball back and take a few shots down the field with Philip Rivers and his talented receivers.
- Dalton throws for 3 TDs, Bengals beat Chargers 24-19 Updated: Sep-20-15 5:48 pm
CINCINNATI - Andy Dalton throws three touchdown passes, each to a different receiver. Jeremy Hill gets benched for fumbling twice, and his backup runs for 123 yards.
- Lions have plenty to correct after second-half fade Updated: Sep-14-15 7:46 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - If Detroit's season opener against San Diego had ended a bit differently, Ameer Abdullah might be the talk of the NFL.
- Rivers rallies Chargers to 33-28 victory over Lions Updated: Sep-14-15 2:54 am
SAN DIEGO - There's going to be uncertainty all season about the Chargers' future, whether it's in San Diego or in the Los Angeles area.
- NFL Today, Week 1 Updated: Sep-13-15 10:39 pm
- Rivers rallies Chargers to 33-28 victory over Lions Updated: Sep-13-15 8:45 pm
SAN DIEGO - This is why the San Diego Chargers gave Philip Rivers an $84 million contract extension during training camp.