- Hill, Diamondbacks beat Dodgers 4-2 in 12 innings Updated: Apr-19-14 4:11 am
- Arizona's losing streak up to 6 games Updated: Apr-17-14 4:21 pm
- Maddon speaks out on elbow injuries Updated: Apr-14-14 3:33 am
- Arizona back home, Giants open season in desert Updated: Mar-30-14 5:59 pm
- D-Backs reliever Hernandez has damaged ligament Updated: Mar-28-14 7:16 pm
- BASEBALL 2014: Major shifts all around the majors Updated: Mar-28-14 7:13 pm
- MLB 2014: Pitching prospects could have impact Updated: Mar-26-14 9:11 pm
- With Gibson on crutches, D-Backs look to improve Updated: Mar-26-14 5:10 pm
- Corbin undergoes season-ending elbow surgery Updated: Mar-26-14 3:45 am
- Dodgers put Beckett and Kemp on DL before opener Updated: Mar-21-14 11:48 pm
- Rondon has torn elbow ligament, will miss season Updated: Mar-21-14 1:37 pm
- Across the Pacific, Miley admits a fear of flying Updated: Mar-21-14 1:06 pm
- Bradley fails to impress for Diamondbacks Updated: Mar-21-14 8:09 am
- Despite Corbin injury, Arizona aims to contend Updated: Mar-20-14 5:27 pm
LOS ANGELES - Aaron Hill was having a miserable night at the plate until he got one more chance to redeem himself. A few well-chosen words of encouragement from manager Kirk Gibson didn't hurt.
PHOENIX - The pitching staff has struggled, at the front end this time instead of the back.
You could piece together a pretty good pitching staff with just the players who have had significant elbow problems this year.
PHOENIX - The Arizona Diamondbacks played their "home" opener 7,800 miles away from Phoenix.
PHOENIX - Arizona Diamondbacks setup man David Hernandez thought it was just normal elbow soreness.
Mike Scioscia moved his left fielder onto the infield dirt, then watched him start a double play. Matt Williams tried a similar trick - he put his right fielder on the grass behind the mound, only to see a bases-loaded triple fly into the vacated spot.
Some of the young arms have arrived, and a few more will make it to the majors this summer. Either way, there are a lot of promising pitching prospects poised to impact the playoff races in 2014.
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona - The Arizona Diamondbacks are shaking off the effects of a long journey to Australia and two losses to the Los Angeles Dodgers, using the next five days to try to shore up problem areas.
SYDNEY - The Los Angeles Dodgers placed pitcher Josh Beckett and outfielder Matt Kemp on the 15-day disabled list Friday in paring their active roster to 25 players for the season opener against the Arizona Diamondbacks in Australia.
KISSIMMEE, Florida - Detroit Tigers reliever Bruce Rondon needs surgery to repair a torn ligament in his right elbow and will be sidelined for the entire season.
SYDNEY - Nothing like a long flight across the Pacific Ocean to help a guy overcome a fear of flying.
SYDNEY - With a potential spot in the starting rotation on the line, Arizona right-hander Archie Bradley was unimpressive while getting knocked around in the Diamondbacks' 5-0 loss to Team Australia in an exhibition game at Sydney Cricket Ground on Friday.
PHOENIX - The season had not even started when the Arizona Diamondbacks took a loss.