- Too much Mr. Nice Guy? Haslam struggles to exert influence Updated: Apr-30-15 6:14 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam was riding high. He swept all 95 counties in his re-election bid, then his peers picked him to be chairman of the Republican Governors Association.
- Defeat of Insure Tennessee proposal set tone in 2015 session Updated: Apr-23-15 3:10 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The defeat of Gov. Bill Haslam's proposal to extend health coverage to 280,000 low-income Tennesseans set the tone for the 2015 session of the state Legislature.
- Tenn. lawmakers mull move into building once set to be razed Updated: Apr-22-15 5:01 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee lawmakers are mulling a move out of their underground office complex to a building next to the Capitol that until recently was designated for demolition.
- Tennessee plan to make Bible 'official' book derailed Updated: Apr-16-15 5:25 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Bible usually unites Republicans in conservative Tennessee, but lately it is proving to be - as an epistle writer put it - more powerful and sharper than a double-edged sword.
- Protesters call on House speaker to revive Insure Tennessee Updated: Apr-14-15 5:02 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Supporters of Gov. Bill Haslam's proposal to extend health coverage to 280,000 low-income Tennesseans are calling on House Speaker Beth Harwell to bring the measure to a full vote on the House floor.
- Tenn. lawmakers can't agree on guns bill drafted as NRA gift Updated: Apr-09-15 5:59 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - It was supposed to be a welcoming gift from Tennessee lawmakers to the National Rifle Association and the more than 70,000 gun enthusiasts expected to attend the group's annual convention in Nashville this weekend.