- Lawmaker accused of harassment is all alone with his M&Ms Updated: Apr-29-16 9:32 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Amid the frenzied negotiations, flaring tempers and occasional frivolity marking the end of another Tennessee legislative session, one lawmaker stayed conspicuously alone and quiet.
- Speaker Harwell's health care task force holds first meeting Updated: Apr-26-16 5:57 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Members of a health care task force assigned with proposing alternatives to Republican Gov. Bill Haslam's Insure Tennessee plan on Tuesday stressed their desire to include "circuit breakers" to prevent out-of-control costs.
- Tennessee lawmakers pass $35B annual spending plan Updated: Apr-14-16 4:46 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - State lawmakers on Thursday approved a nearly $35 billion annual spending plan for the budget year beginning July 1, sending the measure to Republican Gov. Bill Haslam's desk.
- Business leaders sign letter opposing Tennessee bathroom law Updated: Apr-13-16 8:07 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The chief executives of Williams-Sonoma, Hilton Worldwide, T-Mobile and dozens of other major corporations have signed a letter asking Tennessee lawmakers to reject a transgender bathroom bill, saying it is discriminatory.
- The Latest: Appalachian State students end sit-in protest Updated: Apr-13-16 6:52 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The Latest on legislation that critics say discriminates against transgender people by limiting their bathroom choices. Supporters say it protects privacy and safety. (all times local):
- Harwell touts health care initiative; Dems call it 'charade' Updated: Apr-12-16 5:25 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Republican House Speaker Beth Harwell on Tuesday touted a new initiative to improve health care access in the state, but Democrats quickly derided it as an election-year "charade" to deflect criticism of lawmakers who rejected the governor's Insure Tennessee proposal.
- Insure Tennessee protest held in House speaker's office Updated: Apr-05-16 3:47 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Insure Tennessee supporters have held a protest inside the lobby of Republican House Speaker Beth Harwell's office at the legislative office complex in Nashville.