- Brunt of Supreme Court tax ruling to fall on Maryland county Updated: May-19-15 5:55 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The brunt of a U.S. Supreme Court ruling striking down a Maryland tax will fall on one county.
- Supreme Court strikes down Maryland tax law Updated: May-18-15 2:20 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court on Monday struck down as unconstitutional a Maryland tax that has the effect of double-taxing income residents earn in other states.
- Justices uphold limits on judges' appeals for campaign cash Updated: Apr-29-15 2:30 pm
WASHINGTON - A divided Supreme Court ruled Wednesday that states can ban judicial candidates from personally asking for campaign contributions, in a decision aimed at protecting the impartiality of elected judges.
- Justice Kennedy sent clearer signal in 2013 marriage case Updated: Apr-29-15 3:51 am
WASHINGTON - Two years ago, Justice Anthony Kennedy left little doubt during Supreme Court arguments that a part of the federal anti-gay marriage law was doomed.
- What they said: Supreme Court quotes on gay marriage Updated: Apr-28-15 3:14 pm
WASHINGTON - Excerpts from arguments before the Supreme Court on Tuesday about whether states must allow same-sex couples to marry and whether states must recognize gay marriages performed in other states:
- Court weighs excessive force against inmates awaiting trial Updated: Apr-27-15 2:24 pm
WASHINGTON - Amid a growing national debate over police use of force, the Supreme Court struggled Monday with a related question of claims of excessive force against jail officials by people who are accused but not yet convicted of crimes.
- High court makes it easier to sue government for negligence Updated: Apr-22-15 11:16 am
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court on Wednesday made it easier for people to sue the federal government for negligence, in a decision that could affect military veterans with claims of medical malpractice.