- Court looks at protest ban at Calif. military base Updated: Dec-04-13 2:08 pm
- Supreme Court refuses to block Texas abortion law Updated: Nov-19-13 7:44 pm
- Court to decide if company can try to block suit Updated: Nov-15-13 3:28 pm
- Court weighs arrestee's objection to home search Updated: Nov-13-13 3:18 pm
- Court unlikely to say union-casino pact illegal Updated: Nov-13-13 1:46 pm
- Court skeptical of anti-chemical weapons law use Updated: Nov-05-13 1:46 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court seemed likely Wednesday to reinstate the trespassing conviction of a man who was caught protesting military activities in a place he had been ordered to avoid: the zone designated for demonstrators outside the main gate at a California air force base.
WASHINGTON - A sharply divided Supreme Court on Tuesday allowed Texas to continue enforcing abortion restrictions that opponents say have led more than a third of the state's clinics to stop providing abortions.
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court decided Friday to hear an appeal from Halliburton Co. that could make it more difficult for shareholders to sue companies for engaging in fraud to prop up stock prices.
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court has said that police may not search a home without a warrant when two occupants disagree about allowing the officers to enter. Hearing arguments Wednesday, the justices seemed unlikely to order the police to stay out after the resident who refuses permission to search is arrested and taken away.
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court seemed unlikely Wednesday to declare invalid a pre-organizing agreement between a union and a Florida casino that had the business helping the union organize in return for help with a ballot initiative.
WASHINGTON - An illicit love triangle that ended with a woman poisoning her pregnant rival spawned a debate over chemical weapons, international relations, federalism and chocolate at the Supreme Court Tuesday, with justices left trying to make sense of how a jealous wife ended up being prosecuted for violating an international chemical weapons treaty.