- Riviera casino demolition at least 6 months away, cost $42M Updated: Jul-28-15 4:26 pm
LAS VEGAS - The Riviera casino-hotel will come tumbling down but at an expected cost of $42 million and not for at least six months if a recommendation to the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority is approved.
- Race is on to make the best electric car in the valley Updated: Jul-24-15 6:17 am
LAS VEGAS - Long before Tesla announced plans to build a $5 billion electric battery factory near Reno, a local group for years had been tracking the quiet rev of the electric car industry in and around the valley.
- Hutchison orders flags to half-staff after Tenn. shooting Updated: Jul-22-15 6:40 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada Lt. Gov. Mark Hutchison has ordered flags at public buildings be flown at half-staff to honor the victims of last week's shooting in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- President of conservative Nevada think tank joins House race Updated: Jul-21-15 12:35 am
CARSON CITY, Nevada - The president of the conservative Nevada Policy Research Institute has resigned his post to become the fourth Republican seeking the state's 3rd Congressional District seat.
- Republican Danny Tarkanian announces bid for Congress Updated: Jul-13-15 7:17 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican Danny Tarkanian announced Monday that he'll run for the 3rd Congressional District seat being vacated by fellow Republican Rep. Joe Heck.
- Republican Danny Tarkanian announces bid for Congress Updated: Jul-13-15 6:40 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada Republican Danny Tarkanian has announced he'll run for the 3rd Congressional District seat being vacated by fellow Republican Rep. Joe Heck.
- Nevada Republicans upset; Democrats hail national monument Updated: Jul-10-15 5:02 pm
LAS VEGAS - The sudden designation of a state-sized area of desert, valleys and mountains in Nevada as a new national monument was derided Friday by local congressmen as an act of political cronyism involving outgoing U.S. Sen. Harry Reid and President Barack Obama.
- Western lawmakers warn of moving radiation detection lab Updated: Jul-09-15 4:53 pm
LAS VEGAS - Federal officials want to move a mobile radiation detection laboratory from Las Vegas to Alabama, but nuclear safety advocates and lawmakers warn it could leave the Western U.S. vulnerable to an accident or terror attack.
- Republican State Sen. Michael Roberson running for Congress Updated: Jul-08-15 7:54 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican Nevada state Sen. Michael Roberson announced Wednesday that he'll run for the southern Nevada congressional seat currently held by Republican Rep. Joe Heck.
- Nevada to soon launch $800K campaign pushing college savings Updated: Jul-07-15 6:39 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada officials are one step closer to launching a fresh new advertising blitz to promote saving for college.
- Nevada GOP Rep. Joe Heck running for Reid's US Senate seat Updated: Jul-06-15 8:26 pm
LAS VEGAS - Joe Heck, the newly announced Republican candidate for U.S. Senate in Nevada, on Monday criticized Donald Trump's comments about Mexican immigrants, saying entire ethnic groups can't be stereotyped.