- Regulators vote to phase in solar rate hike more slowly Updated: Feb-12-16 7:00 pm
LAS VEGAS - The Nevada Public Utilities Commission voted Friday to phase in higher rates for rooftop solar customers over a longer period of time than previously approved - a concession to rooftop solar customers who say higher rates make it harder to recoup their investments in panels.
- GOP state Sen. Brower to resign Reno-area seat this month Updated: Feb-08-16 6:10 pm
RENO, Nevada - Republican state Sen. Greg Brower is formally resigning his northern Nevada seat after announcing months ago that he wouldn't seek re-election.
- Recent state laws on domestic abuse, gun rights Updated: Feb-06-16 8:13 am
Specifics of the state laws passed during the last two years that are intended to make it harder for people convicted or suspected of domestic violence to access firearms:
- Lee, Roberson have money lead in Nevada House primaries Updated: Feb-01-16 8:37 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - The state of play in Nevada's four congressional races is coming into sharper focus after candidates filed quarterly financial reports over the weekend with the Federal Election Commission. Here's a look at who's ahead in the campaign money game:
- Nevada governor seeks change in sage grouse mining rule Updated: Jan-28-16 8:01 pm
RENO, Nevada - The governor of gold-rich Nevada is pressing the Obama administration to alter its sage grouse protection plan to free up thousands of mining claims by shrinking the restricted area in exchange for making other unprotected areas off limits, restoring burned out rangeland and reining in wild horse herds.
- Reno lawyer jumps into competitive Nevada state Senate race Updated: Jan-25-16 7:36 pm
RENO, Nevada - A Reno lawyer has jumped into a competitive race for a northern Nevada Senate seat being vacated by Republican Greg Brower.