- Initiative seeks to legalize pot in Nevada Updated: Apr-23-14 10:47 pm
- Republican activists push party on gay marriage Updated: Apr-23-14 2:07 am
- Hutchison ad slams Lowden for Reid donations Updated: Apr-17-14 6:44 pm
- Auditor recommends penalties against Xerox Updated: Apr-17-14 6:25 pm
- Nevada GOP removes social issues from platform Updated: Apr-13-14 12:04 am
- Joe Dini, longtime Nevada Assembly speaker, dies Updated: Apr-10-14 6:37 pm
- Nevada Medicaid grows nearly 118,000 from year ago Updated: Apr-04-14 7:03 pm
- Panel conducts Nevada redistricting process Updated: Mar-31-14 12:00 am
- Conservative group to pay fine in Nevada 2010 case Updated: Mar-26-14 3:44 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A pro-marijuana group hoping to ride a wave of mounting acceptance for cannabis filed an initiative petition Wednesday seeking to legalize recreational pot use in Nevada.
LAS VEGAS - As bans against gay marriage crumble and public opinion on the issue shifts rapidly, some Republicans are pushing the party to drop its opposition to same-sex unions, part of a broader campaign to get the GOP to appeal to younger voters by de-emphasizing social issues.
CARSON CITY, Nevada - An independent auditor has recommended Nevada levy penalties against Xerox, saying the company failed to achieve key performance benchmarks in operating the state's health insurance exchange.
LAS VEGAS - The Nevada Republican Party stripped opposition to abortion and gay marriage from its platform Saturday as state convention delegates instead focused on judging fellow Republicans on their worthiness to serve in office and adherence to GOP values.
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Former Nevada Assembly Speaker Joe Dini, a gentle-voiced statesman who used power of persuasion and friendship to bridge partisan divides through a long legislative career, died Thursday at a Reno hospital. He turned 85 just two weeks ago, on March 28.
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Enrollment in Nevada's Medicaid program has grown by a third during the past year, with more than half of the new enrollees becoming eligible under the federal health care reform law, state officials said Friday.
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Unlike some other states where Republicans used their gains in statewide elections to seize control of the redistricting process after the 2010 census, the re-drawing of Nevada's voting districts was done by a court-appointed panel and overseen by a judge.
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A conservative group that supports Republican candidates has agreed to pay a $40,000 civil penalty and disclose the source of funds used in 2010 ad campaign supporting Brian Sandoval in his inaugural bid for governor.