- Nevada GOP removes social issues from platform Updated: Apr-13-14 12:04 am
- Joe Dini, longtime Nevada Assembly speaker, dies Updated: Apr-10-14 6:37 pm
- Nevada Medicaid grows nearly 118,000 from year ago Updated: Apr-04-14 7:03 pm
- Panel conducts Nevada redistricting process Updated: Mar-31-14 12:00 am
- Conservative group to pay fine in Nevada 2010 case Updated: Mar-26-14 3:44 pm
- Bungling mars health care deadline in some states Updated: Mar-25-14 7:29 pm
- Signs mark proposed freeway linking Vegas, Phoenix Updated: Mar-21-14 7:43 pm
- Reid, Sandoval laud $5.5B clean energy investment Updated: Mar-20-14 6:32 pm
- Nevada Medicaid enrollments soar Updated: Mar-19-14 5:28 pm
LAS VEGAS - The Nevada Republican Party stripped opposition to abortion and gay marriage from its platform Saturday as state convention delegates instead focused on judging fellow Republicans on their worthiness to serve in office and adherence to GOP values.
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Former Nevada Assembly Speaker Joe Dini, a gentle-voiced statesman who used power of persuasion and friendship to bridge partisan divides through a long legislative career, died Thursday at a Reno hospital. He turned 85 just two weeks ago, on March 28.
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Enrollment in Nevada's Medicaid program has grown by a third during the past year, with more than half of the new enrollees becoming eligible under the federal health care reform law, state officials said Friday.
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Unlike some other states where Republicans used their gains in statewide elections to seize control of the redistricting process after the 2010 census, the re-drawing of Nevada's voting districts was done by a court-appointed panel and overseen by a judge.
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A conservative group that supports Republican candidates has agreed to pay a $40,000 civil penalty and disclose the source of funds used in 2010 ad campaign supporting Brian Sandoval in his inaugural bid for governor.
CARSON CITY, Nevada - As supporters of the federal health care reforms push for final signups, a handful of states are trying to press the reset button.
LAS VEGAS - A proposed interstate linking Las Vegas and Phoenix is still years and billions of dollars from reality, but the governors of Nevada and Arizona already have unveiled signs to mark their dream.
LAS VEGAS - A new report shows at least $5.5 billion has been invested in Nevada's clean energy sector since 2010.
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada Medicaid enrollments under federal health care reform have surpassed initial projections and are on pace to reach 500,000 by summer, a mark initially not expected to be reached until the end of the 2015 fiscal year, a state official said.