- Alexander has $3.1M on hand for Senate campaign Updated: Apr-04-14 4:06 am
- College athletes take labor cause to Capitol Hill Updated: Apr-02-14 7:13 pm
- Federal waiver gives Tenn. hospitals $80M Updated: Apr-02-14 12:43 pm
- Flinn joins ranks of Alexander's GOP challengers Updated: Apr-02-14 4:03 am
- Reaction to ruling on college athletes' union Updated: Mar-26-14 9:26 pm
- Common Core spawns widespread political fights Updated: Mar-24-14 2:17 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Republican U.S. Sen. Lamar Alexander raised $614,000 in the first quarter, leaving him with $3.1 million on hand for his bid for a third term.
WASHINGTON - Northwestern University athletes pressed their case for collective bargaining rights during meetings Wednesday with lawmakers, as a vote was scheduled for them to decide whether to authorize a union.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee's U.S. senators say they will continue to seek a permanent fix for the state's financially struggling hospitals after they were granted a federal waiver that gives them $80 million.
Reaction to the ruling by a regional director of the National Labor Relations Board that football players at Northwestern University can create the nation's first union of college athletes.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - More than five years after U.S. governors began a bipartisan effort to set new standards in American schools, the Common Core initiative has morphed into a political tempest fueling division among Republicans.