- Reid to blame for Senate's malfunction, Alexander says Updated: Dec-04-13 12:52 pm
- Sen. Corker: Iran can continue uranium work in nuke... Updated: Nov-26-13 12:48 pm
- Senate Dems placate dispirited core with change Updated: Nov-21-13 5:32 pm
- ETHS holds lecture on 'pardons for pay' scandal Updated: Nov-12-13 4:05 am
- Army gives ROTC programs in Tenn. 2-year reprieve Updated: Nov-07-13 4:04 am
12-04-13 - KNOXVILLE, Tenn. - The U.S. Senate is not functioning as it should, and U.S. Sen. Lamar Alexander, R-Tenn., blames one person: Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, a Nevada Democrat.
WASHINGTON - U.S. Sen. Bob Corker has taken issue with the Obama administration's contention that an interim agreement with Iran would freeze that country's nuclear program and argued the deal appears to give Iran "tacit approval" to continue enriching uranium in violation of U.N. Security Council resolutions.
WASHINGTON - By limiting the ability of Republicans to block President Barack Obama's nominees, Senate Democrats sought to placate the party's core liberal activists dispirited by the troubled rollout of the health care overhaul and government snooping ahead of midterm elections in which a president's party typically loses seats in Congress.
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Author Keel Hunt, former U.S. Attorney Hal Hardin and former Tennessean publisher John Seigenthaler will discuss Tennessee's "pardons for pay" scandal at the East Tennessee Historical Society.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The U.S. Army has agreed to put off the planned closure of Reserve Officers Training Corps programs at three Tennessee universities.