- Analysis: Despite Saudi strikes, Yemen rebels remain dug in Updated: May-06-15 3:40 am
SANAA, Yemen - More than a month of relentless airstrikes by a coalition led by Saudi Arabia has inflicted painful damage on Shiite rebels in Yemen, but they show little sign of collapse.
- Yemen rebels fire into Saudi Arabia, killing at least 2 Updated: May-05-15 3:22 pm
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Yemen's rebels fired rockets and mortars into Saudi Arabia on Tuesday, killing at least two civilians and reportedly capturing five soldiers in an attack showing the insurgents' ability to launch assaults despite weeks of Saudi-led airstrikes targeting them.
- Hundreds of families trapped by fighting in Yemen's Aden Updated: May-02-15 6:41 am
SANAA, Yemen - Hundreds of families are trapped in their homes by weeks of fierce fighting in the center of the southern city of Aden, running short of supplies - their only lifeline coming from volunteers making dangerous runs across the city's harbor in rickety boats bearing food and medicine.
- Administration worries grow over Saudi campaign in Yemen Updated: May-01-15 3:53 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration is growing increasingly wary about the Saudi-led military intervention in Yemen and how to restore peace to a country wracked by sectarian divisions, endemic poverty and the al-Qaida offshoot posing the greatest threat to the American homeland.
- AP Interview: Yemen peace talks inevitable, says UN official Updated: Apr-23-15 3:42 pm
AMMAN, Jordan - A renewal of talks on ending Yemen's conflict is "inevitable" and behind-the-scenes diplomatic efforts could bring results in the coming weeks, including a possible U.N.-hosted conference involving most parties, the head of U.N. operations in Yemen said Thursday.
- Carter concerned Iran ships may carry arms for Yemen rebels Updated: Apr-22-15 9:55 pm
MOFFETT FIELD, California - Defense Secretary Ash Carter said Wednesday he is concerned that Iranian ships heading toward Yemen may be carrying advanced weapons for the Houthi rebels, and moving a U.S. aircraft carrier to the region gives the president options.
- Rouhani says Saudis will harvest hatred in Yemen Updated: Apr-18-15 6:29 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Iranian President Hassan Rouhani harshly criticized Saudi Arabia Saturday, warning that the Saudi royal family in Riyadh will harvest the hatred it is sowing in Yemen through its airstrike campaign.
- Hezbollah blames Saudi Arabia for spread of extremism Updated: Apr-17-15 2:10 pm
BEIRUT - The leader of Lebanon's militant Hezbollah group launched his harshest criticism yet of Saudi Arabia on Friday, blaming the kingdom for the spread of extremist ideology in the Muslim world and the killing of civilians in Yemen.
- UN chief set to nominate new special envoy to Yemen Updated: Apr-16-15 6:07 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon on Friday is expected to nominate the head of the U.N. Ebola mission as the new special envoy to Yemen, the country's U.N. ambassador said Thursday.
- UN to vote on arms embargo against Yemen rebel leaders Updated: Apr-13-15 10:19 pm
- Fleeing violence, hundreds of Yemenis shelter in Djibouti Updated: Apr-09-15 12:15 pm
KAMPALA, Uganda - Moe than 300 Yemenis fleeing violence at home have arrived in Djibouti, an official with the U.N. refugee agency said on Thursday, and other refugees were seeking shelter elsewhere in the Horn of Africa.