- Mandela mourned as inspiration in many struggles Updated: Dec-06-13 2:24 pm
- Death of musical icon brings Israel to standstill Updated: Nov-27-13 4:54 pm
- Iran nuclear deal fuels anger, jitters in Mideast Updated: Nov-24-13 5:39 pm
- After slipup, Israeli PM to meet pope next week Updated: Nov-24-13 11:12 am
- Correction: Israel-Politics story Updated: Nov-24-13 10:36 am
- Israeli startup buys up bankrupt electric car firm Updated: Nov-21-13 2:39 pm
- French president vows tough Iran stance in Israel Updated: Nov-17-13 2:46 pm
Nelson Mandela led black South Africans in their struggle to throw off the yoke of white rule and then helped the entire nation heal the wounds of racial division.
JERUSALEM - The sudden death of legendary Israeli singer-songwriter Arik Einstein brought the country to a virtual standstill Wednesday, with radio and TV stations airing nonstop retrospectives and throngs flocking to his grave to pay tribute to the father of Israeli rock.
JERUSALEM - Israel's prime minister harshly condemned the international community's nuclear deal with Iran on Sunday while Saudi Arabia remained conspicuously quiet, reflecting the jitters felt throughout the Middle East over Iran's acceptance on the global stage.
JERUSALEM - In a story Nov. 22 about the new head of Israel's Labor Party, The Associated Press reported erroneously that outgoing party leader Shelly Yachimovich was the first woman to lead the party. Former Prime Minister Golda Meir also served as head of the Labor Party from 1969-1974. A corrected version of the story is below:
JERUSALEM - An Israeli energy startup has taken over the remains of Israel's trailblazing - and now bankrupt - electric car venture, the new owner said Thursday.
JERUSALEM - Visiting French President Francois Hollande vowed to maintain his country's tough stance in upcoming nuclear talks with Iran this week, earning praise from his Israeli hosts Sunday as he began a three-day visit to the Jewish state.