- Illinois GOP leaders to urge immigration reform Updated: Apr-18-14 4:06 am
- Manar introduces bill changing school funding Updated: Apr-02-14 8:07 pm
- Extension of income tax hike may be key 2014 theme Updated: Mar-27-14 7:06 pm
- Quinn vows not to cut Illinois education funding Updated: Mar-26-14 1:59 pm
- Dillard: 'Never say never' on future campaigns Updated: Mar-21-14 8:07 pm
CHICAGO - Candidate for governor Bruce Rauner (ROW'-nur) and other top Illinois Republicans will join the Illinois Business Immigration Coalition at a gathering next week to urge Congress to adopt immigration reform.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A group of Democratic lawmakers Wednesday introduced a long-awaited piece of legislation that would dramatically change the way schools are funded in Illinois for the first time since 1997.
CHICAGO - The crux of Gov. Pat Quinn's plan to prevent big budget cuts is making permanent an income tax increase, which he acknowledges isn't palatable for many Illinoisans. And the move is even riskier in an election year as his Republican challenger, Bruce Rauner, has blasted the idea in hopes of appealing to tax-weary voters.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn says he won't cut education funding in the difficult budget year ahead.
DOWNERS GROVE, Illinois - After coming so close in yet another race for Illinois governor, Kirk Dillard expressed as much relief as regret this week as he contemplated his next steps.