- Nationals drop another heartbreaker, losing 8-5 to Cardinals Updated: Sep-02-15 1:12 am
ST. LOUIS - Rookie Joe Ross had trouble gripping the ball in 89-degree heat. Casey Janssen paid dearly, again, for failing to hit his spots.
- Moss' 3-run homer ends it as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5 Updated: Sep-02-15 12:44 am
ST. LOUIS - This is what the St. Louis Cardinals had in mind when they acquired Brandon Moss at the non-waiver trade deadline.
- Nationals activate Uggla off DL, add 2 others Updated: Sep-01-15 7:56 pm
ST. LOUIS - The Washington Nationals have activated second baseman Dan Uggla from the 15-day disabled list.
- Marlins jump to early lead, but fall 7-4 to Nationals Updated: Aug-30-15 7:39 pm
WASHINGTON - With his team long out of contention and slugger Giancarlo Stanton nearing his return, Marlins manager Dan Jennings is embracing his team's role as spoilers in the NL East playoff race.
- Nationals' Strasburg exits with upper back tightness Updated: Aug-30-15 6:39 pm
WASHINGTON - Washington Nationals right-hander Stephen Strasburg left Sunday's game against the Miami Marlins after four innings with upper back tightness, but hopes to be ready for his next start.
- Werth homers, drives in 3 as Nationals beat Marlins 7-4 Updated: Aug-30-15 5:04 pm
WASHINGTON - Jayson Werth homered and drove in three runs, and Clint Robinson added a pinch-hit home run as the Nationals had 13 hits and rallied past the Marlins 7-4 on Sunday.
- Rendon, Ramos homer, Nationals beat Brewers 9-5 Updated: Aug-23-15 7:11 pm
WASHINGTON - Utilityman Danny Espinosa seized another opportunity in a season of full of them. Washington Nationals star Bryce Harper thinks his teammate should get more.
- Kershaw reaches 200 Ks in Dodgers' 3-0 win over Nats Updated: Aug-13-15 1:56 am
LOS ANGELES - Clayton Kershaw showed everyone he was on his game early, striking out the side in the second inning while retiring the game's first 16 batters.
- Nationals CF Denard Span has injury setback; Uggla to DL Updated: Aug-08-15 6:22 pm
WASHINGTON - Nationals center fielder Denard Span has experienced a setback in his rehabilitation from a back injury, delaying his return from the disabled list.
- Gonzalez hits slam as Rockies rally past Nationals 5-4 Updated: Aug-07-15 11:42 pm
WASHINGTON - The Colorado Rockies apparently have no intention of simply limping to the conclusion of a disappointing season.
- Nationals RHP Fister reluctantly accepts reliever role Updated: Aug-07-15 5:48 pm
WASHINGTON - Doug Fister's season-long quest for consistency will continue in the Washington Nationals' bullpen, perhaps the last place the right-hander figured to land after winning 16 games a year ago.
- Desmond, Ross lift Nationals to 8-3 win over Diamondbacks Updated: Aug-06-15 8:27 pm
- Mets hit 3 homers in 5 pitches to sweep Nationals, 5-2 Updated: Aug-03-15 1:05 am
NEW YORK - As the clock ticked past 11 p.m. and "Moondance" by Van Morrison practically wafted through the ballpark, young children ran around the bases as part of a family-friendly promotion normally reserved for Sunday afternoons.