- Gerry Dulac's NFL Forecast: Week 14 Updated: Dec-06-13 1:18 pm
- 'Dad' Harbaugh still influences 49ers, Ravens Updated: Dec-06-13 9:50 am
- Must-win game for the 49ers vs. Seattle? Not really Updated: Dec-05-13 1:54 pm
- Timm Herdt: Role reversals ahead in 2014 campaigns Updated: Dec-04-13 10:20 am
- Judge rejects Mississippi woman's divorce request... Updated: Dec-03-13 2:18 pm
- Rome comes alive in 'The Great Beauty' Updated: Dec-03-13 1:48 pm
- Yardsmart: Seed catalog showcases history and capability of... Updated: Dec-02-13 12:50 pm
- Gerry Dulac's NFL Forecast: Week 13 Updated: Nov-29-13 9:21 am
- Hall of Fame ballot overflows with worthy ballplayers Updated: Nov-29-13 9:18 am
- Dench, Coogan stellar in wise 'Philomena' Updated: Nov-29-13 9:17 am
- McConaughey charms as activist in 'Dallas Buyers Club' Updated: Nov-27-13 1:48 pm
- Disney's 'Frozen' will melt your heart Updated: Nov-27-13 1:47 pm
- Dan Walters: California bullet train takes big hit from... Updated: Nov-27-13 11:47 am
- Real Estate Watch: Do rentals decrease nearby home... Updated: Nov-27-13 10:48 am
- 'Stretch 4s' are not your father's power forwards Updated: Nov-26-13 12:16 pm
- Gerry Dulac's NFL forecast: Week 12 Updated: Nov-22-13 3:21 pm
- Tech entrepreneurs revive communal living Updated: Nov-22-13 10:52 am
- Kaepernick, Griffin look to break sophomore slumps Updated: Nov-22-13 10:17 am
- Google's Winter Wonderlab stores pop up for holidays Updated: Nov-21-13 9:47 am
- 'Dallas Buyers Club's' Leto combines alternative cinema... Updated: Nov-20-13 3:18 pm
- 'Book Thief' shows life in Germany under Nazism Updated: Nov-19-13 1:53 pm
- Editorial: Economist Yellen would be first woman to run... Updated: Nov-18-13 1:47 pm
- Gerry Dulac's NFL Forecast: Week 11 Updated: Nov-15-13 11:48 am
- Video: 1933's 'Parachute Jumper' fascinating to watch and... Updated: Nov-12-13 12:48 pm
- Walters: New culture war opens over transgender... Updated: Nov-12-13 9:47 am
SUNDAY - Miami Dolphins (6-6) at Steelers (5-7), 1 p.m. (EST)
In recent years, San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh has aggressively tried to hire an unemployed coach who otherwise wasn't in demand.
Start the hyperventilating. Break out the exclamation marks. It's Seattle week! The biggest game of the year! The one that pundits already are calling a "must-win" for the San Francisco 49ers. Absolutely, positively, enormously gigantic.
Early indications are that Californians might be in for some topsy-turvy election campaigns next year, with high-profile candidates from both parties seeking to co-opt issues that have in recent years been strengths of the opposing party.
12-03-13 - A Mississippi woman's bid to have the state recognize her California marriage to another woman so that Mississippi could then grant a divorce was rejected Monday, with a judge telling her Mississippi's constitution and statutes prevented him from doing anything.
If you know Federico Fellini's "La Dolce Vita," you'll be unable to watch "The Great Beauty" without thinking about it. This gorgeous Italian movie, like its predecessor, balances pungent satire and a more melancholy mood in portraying the dissolute world of the upper crust in contemporary Rome.
It's almost as thick as a fashion week issue of Vogue at a whopping 354 full pages of veggie seed bliss. That's why I didn't realize my favorite heirloom seed source was behind "The Whole Seed Catalog" that arrived in the mail.
GERRY DULAC'S NFL FORECAST WEEK 13 (All times EST)
That was quite a Hall of Fame dinner reception they had at Cooperstown last year.
The names haven't been changed in "Philomena." It's a true story and a remarkable one.
"Dallas Buyers Club" opens with the sound of huffing and puffing, which accompanies a shaky camera shot through the slats of a bull pen into the busy rodeo arena beyond.
It's a surprise the first time characters break into song in "Frozen," the throwback animated Disney film.
Judge Michael Kenny didn't completely derail California's bullet train this week.
It's a long-held belief that rental properties hurt the values of nearby homes.
Ryan Anderson missed New Orleans' first nine games this season because of a toe injury. He returned Nov. 16 and instantly found his home on the perimeter - he made six three-point shots against Philadelphia, scoring 26 points in 27 minutes to lead his team to a rollicking rout.
Gerry Dulac's NFL Forecast: Week 12
Jessy Kate Schingler left her job at NASA, moved to San Francisco, and helped turn a 7,500-square-foot, eight-bedroom mansion into a creatives' residence called the Embassy.
Washington Redskins coach Mike Shanahan is well-versed on the topic of quarterbacks and their streaks and slumps, and this week he offered reasons why San Francisco's Colin Kaepernick and his own Robert Griffin III - who meet in a game Monday night - might encounter growing pains in their second season as starters.
Wooing holiday shoppers, Google has opened its first Winter Wonderlab stores in six U.S. cities.
Jared Leto is a low-key revelation.
In "The Book Thief," it's 1938 and the wrong time to be young in Germany. A little girl is adopted into a poor family, and the movie traces her trials and adjustments, balancing a personal story with the world going on outside.
The head of the Federal Reserve board is one of the most powerful and, outside of financial circles, least known officials in the U.S. government.
SUNDAY - Detroit Lions (6-3) at Steelers (3-5), 1 p.m. (EST)
"PARACHUTE JUMPER" (1933. NOT RATED. WARNER ARCHIVE. $21.99.)
This 1933 film is an entertaining curio from the depths of the Great Depression that I've seen several times but never expected would come to DVD. It's a comedy, funny and outrageous, and yet it reveals such underlying hopelessness that it's fascinating to watch and worthy of study.
So once again, California voters will find themselves at the vortex of the culture war.