- Pacquiao presses senatorial campaign despite kidnap threat Updated: Apr-28-16 10:29 am
SAN PABLO, Philippines - Boxing star Manny Pacquiao pressed on with his campaign for a seat in the Philippine Senate on Thursday, barnstorming in a province south of Manila despite a reported militant plot to kidnap him.
- After hostage beheading, is Philippines facing IS threat? Updated: Apr-28-16 9:11 am
MANILA, Philippines - Months before Abu Sayyaf militants beheaded retired Canadian mining executive John Ridsdel in the tropical jungles of the southern Philippines, they showed him pleading for life in a video with three other hostages that demanded a record-high ransom.
- Aquino: Canadian's killers also plotted to kidnap Pacquiao Updated: Apr-27-16 8:29 am
MANILA, Philippines - The Philippine president said Wednesday that Abu Sayyaf militants may have plotted to kill him and kidnap boxing star Manny Pacquiao, disclosing previously unknown details about an extremist group blamed for the beheading of a Canadian hostage.
- Philippine troops hunt extremists who beheaded Canadian Updated: Apr-26-16 3:23 pm
MANILA, Philippines - The Philippine military came under increased pressure Tuesday to rescue more than 20 foreign hostages after their Muslim extremist captors beheaded a Canadian man, but troops face a dilemma in how to succeed without endangering the remaining captives.
- Canadian man decapitated by Philippine extremists Updated: Apr-25-16 5:11 pm
MANILA, Philippines - Canada's Prime Minister Justin Trudeau confirmed that the decapitated head of a Caucasian male recovered Monday night in the southern Philippines belongs to one of two Canadians taken hostage by Abu Sayyaf militants in September.