- Shanahan sits RG3; Cousins will start for Redskins Updated: Dec-11-13 6:02 pm
- FANTASY GRIND: Managing game-time Bush conundrums Updated: Dec-11-13 3:41 am
- Redskins' Shanahan might sit RG3 for rest of year Updated: Dec-09-13 7:12 pm
- Redskins lose 5th straight, beaten 45-10 by Chiefs Updated: Dec-08-13 6:28 pm
- Chiefs thump Redskins 45-10 to break 3-game skid Updated: Dec-08-13 6:02 pm
- Texans fire coach Gary Kubiak Updated: Dec-06-13 5:50 pm
- Redskins defense faces mass free agent exodus Updated: Dec-05-13 6:41 pm
- Rough couple of weeks for NFL officiating Updated: Dec-04-13 4:27 pm
- Drop hurts Redskins more than chain gang gaffe Updated: Dec-02-13 6:11 pm
- NFL: Officials erred at end of Sunday night game Updated: Dec-02-13 6:03 pm
- 5 things to know after Giants top Redskins 24-17 Updated: Dec-02-13 4:09 am
- Confusion over down at end of Giants-Redskins game Updated: Dec-02-13 1:31 am
- Redskins drop to 3-9 with 24-17 loss to Giants Updated: Dec-02-13 1:31 am
- Manning, Tuck lead Giants over Redskins 24-17 Updated: Dec-02-13 1:09 am
- Redskins DE Bowen out for season with knee injury Updated: Nov-26-13 4:37 pm
- Kaepernick tops RG3, 49ers beat Redskins, 27-6 Updated: Nov-26-13 5:02 am
- Kaepernick, 49ers dominate Redskins, RG3 27-6 Updated: Nov-26-13 1:05 am
- Advocacy group asks NFL for language penalty Updated: Nov-25-13 5:15 pm
- Umpire suspended for profanity at Redskins player Updated: Nov-22-13 9:11 pm
- Redskins TE Reed remains sidelined with concussion Updated: Nov-22-13 3:22 pm
- Kaepernick, Griffin look to break sophomore slumps Updated: Nov-22-13 10:17 am
- Redskins try to stay united during homestretch Updated: Nov-21-13 6:31 pm
- Redskins LT not expecting NFL action over official Updated: Nov-20-13 5:43 pm
- Redskins' Hankerson out for season with injury Updated: Nov-20-13 5:32 pm
- Redskins WR Hankerson might need knee surgery Updated: Nov-18-13 6:24 pm
ASHBURN, Virginia - It takes quite the sales job to explain why a medically cleared Robert Griffin III won't play for the rest of the season.
The fantasy playoffs are a perfect time for a storm of fantasy agony. And a rough - really rough - Week 14 set up a slew of difficult circumstances in a week many leagues head into their semifinals.
ASHBURN, Virginia - Mike Shanahan, still for now the coach of the Washington Redskins, made a surprising reversal Monday and said he might bench a "100 percent" healthy Robert Griffin III for the rest of the season to keep the quarterback from getting hurt.
HOUSTON - Gary Kubiak pulled the Texans out of the NFL basement and remains the only coach to take them to the playoffs.
ASHBURN, Virginia - Brian Orakpo started getting sacks just as the Washington Redskins season fell apart. London Fletcher hasn't played up to his usual standard, but he's set to take the field for his 253rd consecutive game - sprained ankle and all.
It's been a rough couple of weeks for NFL officials.
ASHBURN, Virginia - If Fred Davis holds on to the ball, the chain gang mistake helps the Washington Redskins.
NEW YORK - Redskins coach Mike Shanahan spoke Monday with the NFL's director of officiating after the league said Sunday night's crew made an error on Washington's final drive.
LANDOVER, Maryland - Referee Jeff Triplette acknowledged the down marker was moved incorrectly on the Washington Redskins' last possession of a 24-17 loss to the New York Giants on Sunday night, but said halting play to fix the mistake "would have given an unfair advantage."
LANDOVER, Maryland - For a little more than a quarter, Robert Griffin III looked like the reigning NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year and the Washington Redskins looked like a legitimate NFL team.
LANDOVER, Maryland - In a span of seven Washington Redskins offensive plays, Justin Tuck sacked Robert Griffin III four times.
ASHBURN, Virginia - Washington Redskins defensive end Stephen Bowen is out for the season with a right knee injury.
LANDOVER, Maryland - Never much for words, Colin Kaepernick summed up the best statistical game of his NFL career with typical understatement: "I think this was a good step for us in the right direction."
LANDOVER, Maryland - Colin Kaepernick looked left, scrambled right, then found Anquan Boldin open in the end zone for a 6-yard touchdown.
NEW YORK - The Fritz Pollard Alliance sent a letter to the NFL on Monday calling for a 15-yard penalty on players who use abusive language on the field.
ASHBURN, Virginia - An NFL game official was suspended Friday for one game without pay for making "a profane and derogatory statement" to a Washington Redskins player, an incident that has led to a call for NFL players to stop using the N-word on the field and in the locker room.
ASHBURN, Virginia - Washington Redskins rookie tight end Jordan Reed remains unable to practice because of a concussion, making it unlikely he will play in Monday night's game against the San Francisco 49ers.
Washington Redskins coach Mike Shanahan is well-versed on the topic of quarterbacks and their streaks and slumps, and this week he offered reasons why San Francisco's Colin Kaepernick and his own Robert Griffin III - who meet in a game Monday night - might encounter growing pains in their second season as starters.
ASHBURN, Virginia - Barely a day can go by without some sort of Washington Redskins drama, whether it's centered on the actions of quarterback Robert Griffin III, coach Mike Shanahan's future, the ongoing debate over the team's name or some other distraction.
ASHBURN, Virginia - Washington Redskins left tackle Trent Williams said Wednesday he doesn't think the NFL will take any action over his alleged profane encounter with an official during a game.
ASHBURN, Virginia - Washington Redskins receiver Leonard Hankerson is done for the season with a left knee injury.
ASHBURN, Virginia - Washington Redskins receiver Leonard Hankerson might need surgery on his left knee.