- Celeb birthdays for the week of March 16-22 Updated: Mar-10-14 1:19 pm
- School won't back down on 'Carrie: The Musical' Updated: Mar-08-14 2:22 pm
- Idina Menzel, 'Frozen' heat up pop charts Updated: Mar-06-14 1:25 pm
- John Travolta apologizes to Idina Menzel for flub Updated: Mar-04-14 7:01 pm
- SHOW BITS: A tale of 2 red carpets Updated: Mar-02-14 8:40 pm
- Oscars go casual at starry last-day rehearsal Updated: Mar-02-14 12:40 am
March 16: Comedian Jerry Lewis is 88. Movie director Bernardo Bertolucci is 73. Game-show host Chuck Woolery is 73. Singer-songwriter Jerry Jeff Walker is 72. Actor Victor Garber ("Alias") is 65. Actor Erik Estrada is 65. Actress Kate Nelligan is 63. Country singer Ray Benson of Asleep at the Wheel is 63. Guitarist-singer Nancy Wilson of Heart is 60. Actress Isabelle Huppert is 59. Actor Clifton Powell ("Ray," ''Norbit") is 58. Rapper Flavor Flav of Public Enemy is 55. Actor Jerome Flynn ("Game of Thrones") is 51. Folk singer Patty Griffin is 50. Singer Tracy Bonham is 47. Actress Lauren Graham is 47. Actor Judah Friedlander ("30 Rock") is 45. Singer Blu Cantrell is 38.
FARMINGTON HILLS, Michigan - A Detroit-area school is defending its choice for a spring musical: a stage version of Stephen King's "Carrie," the story of an unpopular student who uses special powers to kill her classmates at the prom.
NEW YORK - Tony-winning Idina Menzel - or Adele Dazeem if you're John Travolta - is enjoying massive success with "Let It Go" from the animated film "Frozen," but the entertainer is still perplexed that she's finally triumphing on the pop charts with a show tune-esque track.
NEW YORK - John Travolta has apologized to Tony Award winner Idina Menzel for mangling the pronunciation of her name during the Oscars telecast, saying he'd been "beating myself up" over it.
LOS ANGELES - Show Bits brings you the 86th annual Academy Awards in Los Angeles through the eyes of Associated Press journalists. Follow them on Twitter where available with the handles listed after each item.
LOS ANGELES - Before the big show, the Oscars have a casual day.