- Slain police officers honored at NY memorial Updated: May-05-15 7:13 pm
ALBANY, New York - The names of eight officers who died last year from line-of-duty injuries have been added to the New York Police Memorial, along with 14 who died from illnesses related to recovery work at the World Trade Center destroyed by terrorists in 2001.
- After long delay, Gov. Cuomo sets date for email meeting Updated: May-01-15 5:25 pm
ALBANY, New York - Following weeks of delay and continued criticism of his administration's handling of emails, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Friday set a date for a meeting with other top officials to discuss a new email retention policy.
- No date set for NY Gov. Cuomo's meeting on email policies Updated: Apr-30-15 6:33 pm
ALBANY, New York - Six weeks ago, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo defused criticism of his administration's practice of purging emails by calling for a meeting with top state officials to craft a new policy.
- NYC lawyer sentenced to prison for $2M theft from cemetery Updated: Apr-28-15 11:26 pm
NEW YORK - A lawyer who stole nearly $2 million from a New York City cemetery has been sentenced to 52 months to 13 years in prison. But he's facing new charges of stealing from a client after his arrest.
- NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo signals he wants a 3rd term Updated: Apr-27-15 12:43 pm
ALBANY, New York - Andrew Cuomo says he wants to serve as New York's governor for "as long as the people will have me."
- Storied NYC college awaits results of attorney general probe Updated: Apr-26-15 1:28 pm
NEW YORK - First came a hotly-debated decision by Cooper Union to start charging its students after being tuition-free for generations.
- Editorials from around New York Updated: Apr-22-15 12:20 pm
Excerpts of recent editorials of statewide and national interest from New York's newspapers:
- Lawmaker: State should help keep overdose drug affordable Updated: Apr-20-15 3:53 pm
BOSTON - Senate President Stan Rosenberg says Massachusetts should use its purchasing muscle to help ensure that a key drug used to reverse heroin overdoses remains affordable as the state attempts to curb a spike in drug-related deaths.
- Morgan Stanley's income jumps 60 percent on trading boost Updated: Apr-20-15 11:23 am
NEW YORK - Morgan Stanley reported a 60 percent jump in quarterly profit Monday, as revenue from trading stocks and bonds lifted the investment bank's results.