- Judge upholds New York's tougher gun law Updated: Apr-16-14 9:48 pm
- Ex-Pataki aide eyes run for attorney general Updated: Apr-16-14 1:58 pm
- NY AG, Maffei seek smartphone 'kill switch' rule Updated: Apr-11-14 1:49 pm
- CVS goes cold turkey; may pressure rivals, or not Updated: Apr-09-14 10:04 am
- Holder: Justice investigating high-speed trading Updated: Apr-04-14 12:49 pm
- NY budget dedicates JPMorgan settlement funds Updated: Mar-31-14 2:43 pm
- NY slaps $25M fine against Ex-BofA CEO Lewis Updated: Mar-26-14 6:29 pm
- NY settles with Bank of America and ex-CEO Updated: Mar-26-14 6:23 pm
- New York assemblyman says he's under investigation Updated: Mar-26-14 5:43 pm
ALBANY, New York - A trial-level judge has dismissed a challenge to New York's new gun law, rejecting legal claims that the law was pushed through the legislature improperly and that its restrictions violate the Second Amendment.
ALBANY, New York - The former chief adviser to Republican Gov. George Pataki is considering a run for New York attorney general and courting potential backers, state party officials said Wednesday.
SYRACUSE, New York - New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman and U.S. Rep. Dan Maffei are calling on Congress to require smartphone makers to install "kill switches" on phones to render them useless if stolen.
It has long been gospel among retailers that tobacco pulls so much business into stores, with smokers also picking up water, gum or a bag of chips, that dumping it would be a sales killer.
The Department of Justice is investigating high-frequency stock trading to see if any of the practices violate insider trading laws, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said Friday.
ALBANY, New York - New York's budget agreement would dedicate most of the state's $613 million settlement from JPMorgan over mortgage-backed securities to state programs intended to prevent homeowner foreclosures.
NEW YORK - Bank of America and its former CEO Ken Lewis have reached a $25 million deal to settle allegations that Lewis and his executive team misled investors about the impact of BofA's 2008 merger with Merrill Lynch.
ALBANY, New York - Bank of America Corp. and former chief executive Kenneth Lewis reached a $25 million settlement to end an investigation into their actions in the 2008 merger with Merrill Lynch & Co., New York's attorney general announced Wednesday.
ALBANY, New York - Federal agents have raided the home, offices and hotel room of a state assemblyman from Queens in an investigation of his daily expense claims, the lawmaker said Wednesday.