- Christie returning to New Hampshire after bridge indictments Updated: May-06-15 6:36 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie is returning to New Hampshire as he struggles to press forward with a likely presidential bid following indictments in the George Washington Bridge scandal.
- Role of government powers at issue in pension case Updated: May-06-15 2:59 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey's top court weighed the budget repercussions of ruling on a pension dispute between Gov. Chris Christie and public workers' unions on Wednesday while one justice wondered if the state had engaged in a "bait and switch."
- Monmouth Park close to breaking even fiscally Updated: May-05-15 8:01 pm
OCEANPORT, New Jersey - Three years after taking over Monmouth Park, the operators of the New Jersey shore thoroughbred racetrack believe the facility either will break even this year or make a profit.
- Christie says he would testify if called in bridge trial Updated: May-05-15 7:37 pm
FLOWOOD, Mississippi - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie says he would have no problem testifying in a trial of former allies who face criminal charges for their alleged roles in politically-motivated traffic jams that caused long delays in 2013 over the George Washington Bridge connecting his state to New York.
- GOP candidate Cruz to address Georgia state party convention Updated: May-05-15 3:33 pm
ATLANTA - Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz is slated to be the keynote speaker for a dinner at the Georgia Republican Party's state convention this month.
- New Jersey's Gov. Christie heading to Mississippi, Louisiana Updated: May-05-15 1:11 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is heading south for a handful of events on behalf of his political action committee.
- Legislative panel probing closures on hold for now Updated: May-04-15 7:04 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - The New Jersey legislative committee looking into the George Washington Bridge scandal will continue its holding pattern - for now.
- Ex-Christie allies plead not guilty in bridge case Updated: May-04-15 4:45 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Two former political allies of Gov. Chris Christie pleaded not guilty Monday to charges they were involved in politically motivated lane closures of the George Washington Bridge, and the attorney for one vowed to subpoena her former colleagues to prove her innocence.
- With Walker a 2016 GOP force, Kasich and Snyder ponder runs Updated: May-04-15 3:36 am
WASHINGTON - Wisconsin's Scott Walker has emerged as a force in the 2016 White House contest. It's a position two other Republican governors from the Midwest, lesser known but similarly ambitious, undoubtedly would like to be in.
- Reform still an issue at troubled Port Authority Updated: May-03-15 11:37 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - The indictments against two former allies of Gov. Chris Christie and the guilty plea of a third, all stemming from the George Washington Bridge lane closing scandal, and the still-looming investigation involving the former chairman of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey have underlined the need for reform at the agency.
- Taxpayers are already paying the bill over NJ bridge scandal Updated: May-02-15 10:35 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - A nearly yearlong investigation into the 2013 lane George Washington Bridge Lane closures resulted in two indictments and a guilty plea - and New Jersey taxpayers have already footed some of the bill.
- Targeted mayor says indictment a 'punch in the gut' Updated: May-02-15 2:26 am
FORT LEE, New Jersey - A New Jersey mayor targeted for political retribution for not supporting Gov. Chris Christie's re-election effort in 2013 said that indictments in the case Friday were a "punch in the gut."
- Letter: Hoboken Superstorm Sandy aid investigation closed Updated: May-01-15 8:04 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Federal authorities have closed an investigation into whether Gov. Chris Christie's administration threatened to withhold Superstorm Sandy relief money from Hoboken for political reasons.
- Reaction from Christie, lawmakers, Port Authority on charges Updated: May-01-15 4:50 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Reaction poured in swiftly Friday to the news that three former allies of Gov. Chris Christie were charged, and one pleaded guilty, over the 2013 lane closure on the George Washington Bridge.
- Christie ally, not Kirstie Alley, pleads guilty Updated: May-01-15 11:52 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - No, Kirstie Alley is not involved with politically motivated lane closures in New Jersey.
- Protesters dominate Christie's 1st news conference in months Updated: Apr-29-15 7:55 pm
NEW BRUNSWICK, New Jersey - Protesters angry over Gov. Chris Christie's decision to send state troopers to help contain the violence in Baltimore dominated the governor's first news conference in New Jersey in more than five months.
- New Jersey lawmakers plan new Port Authority overhaul Updated: Apr-29-15 4:10 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A new bill to overhaul the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey could be coming soon, New Jersey lawmakers said Wednesday, the latest development after the failed March effort to override Gov. Chris Christie's veto of a bill passed unanimously in both states' legislatures.
- Despite agreement, new PARCC policy is not official Updated: Apr-28-15 6:57 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie's top education official and Democratic lawmakers have expressed agreement on how much the results of new statewide standardized tests will count in teachers' performance reviews.
- Christie says he doesn't take Kyrillos slight personally Updated: Apr-27-15 9:35 pm
JERSEY CITY, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie appeared on his monthly "Ask the Governor" radio show on New Jersey's 101.5 FM on Monday. He was asked about the violence erupting on the streets of Baltimore, his family's finances and his timetable for making a decision on a presidential run. Here are some of the highlights:
- The Latest on GOP's 2016 hopefuls: Iowans see a bumper crop Updated: Apr-25-15 10:48 pm
9 p.m. CDT (10 p.m. EDT)
- Ex-Detroit emergency manager expects to return to law firm Updated: Apr-23-15 3:42 pm
EAST LANSING, Michigan - The man who shepherded Detroit through the largest municipal bankruptcy in U.S. history says he expects to rejoin the law firm he left two years ago to take the city's emergency manager job.
- 3 Chris Christie transition team members backing Jeb Bush Updated: Apr-21-15 7:06 pm
WASHINGTON - At least three members of New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's 2009 transition team are backing former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush's likely bid for the Republican presidential nomination.
- Christie to appear on 'Tonight Show' Wednesday Updated: Apr-21-15 6:28 pm
- Vice News, NPR, CNN, WNYC win double Peabody Awards Updated: Apr-20-15 11:35 am
NEW YORK - Vice News won two Peabody Awards, including one for reporter Medyan Dairieh's report on Islamic state fighters, with CNN, NPR and New York public radio station WNYC also winning twice in the annual honors for electronic media.
- New Hampshire's voters relish wide-open 2016 GOP field Updated: Apr-20-15 3:14 am
NASHUA, New Hampshire - For New Hampshire Republicans, the early days of the 2016 presidential campaign feel like an embarrassment of riches.