- Massachusetts Republicans elect 27 delegates for convention Updated: Apr-30-16 6:58 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts Republicans on Saturday selected 27 of the state's 42 delegates to the GOP National Convention, where rivals of presidential candidate Donald Trump hope he will fail to get the required number of delegate-votes needed to win the nomination.
- Christie faces decision on gender-equality legislation Updated: Apr-30-16 9:13 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - The next chapter in an ongoing disagreement between Republican Gov. Chris Christie and the Democrat-led Legislature over gender equality legislation is about to be written.
- Casinos call for vote on Atlantic City aid, takeover bills Updated: Apr-29-16 1:09 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Atlantic City's casinos, saying they are "on the edge of the abyss," want an immediate vote on bills in the state Legislature that would help the casinos and let the state take over the city's finances.
- Poll: Christies favorability rating hits all-time low Updated: Apr-29-16 6:05 am
NEW BRUNSWICK, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie's favorability rating among registered voters in New Jersey has hit an all-time low.
- Massachusetts Senate approves under-21 ban on tobacco sales Updated: Apr-28-16 5:56 pm
BOSTON - The Massachusetts Senate voted overwhelmingly Thursday to raise the minimum age for purchasing cigarettes and other tobacco products across the state, which could make it the second to raise its threshold to 21 years old.
- Christie: My wife wasn't rolling her eyes - I would know Updated: Apr-28-16 4:13 pm
LAWRENCEVILLE, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie says his wife was not rolling her eyes at Republican presidential front runner Donald Trump when he said Hillary Clinton would not win so many votes if she were a man.
- New Jersey taxpayers could get charity deductions under bill Updated: Apr-28-16 1:37 pm
MOUNT LAUREL, New Jersey - New Jersey residents could make deductions for charitable donations on their state income tax returns under legislation getting new attention.
- Big Bush and Rubio donors shun Cruz and Kasich, Updated: Apr-28-16 12:25 pm
WASHINGTON - It seems like a logical pairing: Republican donors who despise Donald Trump, and two GOP presidential rivals sticking it out to keep him from the nomination.
- Lawmakers call on Christie to back Port Authority bill Updated: Apr-27-16 6:00 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Democratic lawmakers from New Jersey and New York are calling on Republican Gov. Chris Christie to sign a measure overhauling the powerful bistate agency that oversees the regions airports, bridges and tunnels.
- Clinton embraces Trump's mention of 'woman's card' Updated: Apr-27-16 5:04 pm
ATLANTA - Presidential candidates Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton have launched into a rhetorical scrum, with the Republican front-runner eliciting a backlash that highlights his perilous standing among female voters who could help propel the likely Democratic nominee to the White House.
- Leaders discussed ouster of New Jersey Assembly speaker Updated: Apr-27-16 6:02 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - A New Jersey Democratic party official says leaders have discussed the possibility of ousting the speaker of the Assembly.
- The Latest: Cruz shoots an airball at 'basketball ring' Updated: Apr-27-16 12:15 am
WASHINGTON - The Latest on campaign 2016 as voters head to the polls in Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Delaware and Maryland (all times Eastern):
- Atlantic City won't consider 20 percent pay cut proposal Updated: Apr-26-16 5:59 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - A proposal by an Atlantic City councilman for a 20 percent pay cut on elected and appointed officials lasted only a few hours before it was shot down.
- Governor says Kansas pulling out of refugee funding program Updated: Apr-26-16 5:29 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas is withdrawing from the federal government's refugee resettlement program over safety concerns, Gov. Sam Brownback announced Tuesday after taking what could be a largely symbolic action to show displeasure with President Barack Obama's administration.
- Gov. Christie promises to veto bill ending school takeovers Updated: Apr-26-16 2:44 pm
ENGLEWOOD, New Jersey - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie says he would veto legislation to eliminate state takeovers of school districts.
- Christie says New York joins New Jersey drug monitor program Updated: Apr-26-16 2:37 pm
ENGLEWOOD, New Jersey - Calling it the most important expansion yet of a prescription drug monitoring program, Gov. Chris Christie announced on Tuesday that New Jersey and New York will share records on the sales of dangerous drugs.
- Democrats seek to block Christie's gun regulation change Updated: Apr-25-16 9:01 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey lawmakers have announced an effort to block Gov. Chris Christie's change to state regulations to make it easier to get a gun permit.
- Christie's Supreme Court pick approved by Senate Updated: Apr-25-16 8:56 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Republican Gov. Chris Christie's nominee for the New Jersey Supreme Court sailed through to final approval on Monday, part of a deal Christie made with the Democratic leader of the state Senate.
- Transportation funding debate steering toward summer Updated: Apr-23-16 10:38 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - It could be well into the summer shore season before New Jersey residents and out-of-state drivers have any certainty on whether the state's gas tax is going up to pay for road and bridge work.
- Christie returns home from meeting with Trump in Indiana Updated: Apr-20-16 8:07 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie says he went to Indianapolis to introduce Republican presidential front runner Donald Trump to Gov. Mike Pence.
- Christie reaches compromise on food stamp waiver requirement Updated: Apr-18-16 10:48 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie says he has reached a compromise over work requirements for food aid.
- Donald Trump to receive a Rex Ryan welcome to Buffalo Updated: Apr-18-16 5:49 pm
ORCHARD PARK, New York - Donald Trump will be receiving a Rex Ryan-styled welcome to Buffalo.
- Christie's legacy comes into focus over Atlantic City fight Updated: Apr-16-16 9:58 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie has been trying to solve Atlantic City's financial struggles since 2010 with mixed results. With less than two years left in office, he's making a big push to change that.
- New Jersey billboards ask Gov. Christie to denounce Trump Updated: Apr-15-16 2:58 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Billboards calling on Republican Gov. Chris Christie to denounce Donald Trump are popping up across New Jersey.
- What consensus? Still, efforts to help Atlantic City advance Updated: Apr-14-16 3:19 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - The ongoing drama over how to help financially struggling Atlantic City turned a new page on Thursday as Gov. Chris Christie said that though he prefers a Senate-passed takeover bill he will listen to other options.