- McDermott and Ogwumike win Wooden Award Updated: Apr-11-14 11:39 pm
- Marshall, McDermott take home AP yearly awards Updated: Apr-03-14 4:53 pm
- Shockers' memorable season ends early in tourney Updated: Mar-24-14 4:48 pm
- Upstarts Kentucky, Stanford advance to Sweet 16 Updated: Mar-24-14 3:54 am
- AP News in Brief at 10:58 p.m. EDT Updated: Mar-23-14 11:05 pm
- Wichita State falls to Kentucky, 78-76 Updated: Mar-23-14 8:17 pm
- Kentucky ends Wichita State's perfect run, 78-76 Updated: Mar-23-14 7:43 pm
- Wichita State top seed in brutal Midwest Region Updated: Mar-16-14 9:33 pm
LOS ANGELES - Doug McDermott of Creighton accepted the John R. Wooden Award on Friday night, one of several honors the senior won this year as college basketball's player of the year.
ARLINGTON, Texas - Wichita State coach Gregg Marshall is growing accustomed to being center stage at the Final Four. He just wishes his team was with him this time around.
ST. LOUIS - Wichita State's season came to a conclusion long before even Kentucky coach John Calipari thought it deserved, at the hands of his Wildcats in a thrilling NCAA tournament game.
ST. LOUIS - There were times this season that Kentucky coach John Calipari wondered whether his team, long on talent and short on experience, would ever buy into the gospel he'd been preaching.
New French satellite data expand air search for possible Malaysian jet debris over large area
ST. LOUIS - Wichita State coach Gregg Marshall walked slowly through the line for post-game handshakes, congratulating every player from Kentucky on advancing to the Sweet 16.
ST. LOUIS - John Calipari stood frozen on the Kentucky sideline. Every player on the Wichita State bench held his breath. Everything seemed to stop inside the Scottrade Center as Fred VanVleet let loose with a 3-pointer that could have kept the Shockers perfect.
Wichita State's reward for a perfect regular season is a loaded Midwest Region, where the top-seeded Shockers will be joined by fellow Final Four participants Michigan and Louisville from a year ago and two of the titans of college hoops.