- Giving up the long ball hurts Cards in 4-3 loss to Nationals Updated: Sep-03-15 1:27 am
ST. LOUIS - Tyler Lyons did well enough as a fill-in starter for the St. Louis Cardinals, Brandon Moss hit another mammoth home run and the offense erased a seventh-inning deficit for the third straight game.
- Zimmerman homers twice, doubles as Nationals beat Cardinals Updated: Sep-03-15 12:54 am
ST. LOUIS - Max Scherzer and the Washington Nationals' bullpen got plenty of big outs. Ryan Zimmerman took care of the offense.
- Cardinals ace Wacha rests, Lyons starts instead vs. Nats Updated: Sep-02-15 6:27 pm
ST. LOUIS - The timing was right for the St. Louis Cardinals to give both of their young star pitchers a break.
- LEADING OFF: Bumgarner vs. Greinke, rosters reboot Updated: Aug-31-15 9:20 pm
A look at what's happening all around the major leagues Tuesday:
- Cards' Martinez scratched from Tuesday start with sore back Updated: Aug-31-15 7:48 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Cardinals right-hander Carlos Martinez has been scratched from his scheduled start on Tuesday with a sore back.
- Cardinals put closer Trevor Rosenthal on paternity list Updated: Aug-28-15 10:15 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - St. Louis Cardinals closer Trevor Rosenthal was put on the paternity leave list Friday as the club opened a weekend series at San Francisco.
- Wacha, Piscotty lead Cardinals past Padres 10-3 Updated: Aug-23-15 9:47 pm
SAN DIEGO - Looking to avoid getting swept for the first time this season one night after getting shut out, Stephen Piscotty and the St. Louis Cardinals struck early and often.
- Cardinals draw on deep reservoir of talent to lead baseball Updated: Aug-20-15 5:17 pm
ST. LOUIS - Building the best record in the major leagues is hard work.
- Molina's homer pushes Cardinals past Giants 4-3 Updated: Aug-19-15 11:36 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Cardinals manager Mike Matheny guessed right batting Yadier Molina cleanup for the first time all season.
- Heyward out of Cardinals lineup day after being removed Updated: Aug-18-15 6:56 pm
ST. LOUIS - Cardinals outfielder Jason Heyward is out of the starting lineup a day after being removed from a game with left hamstring tightness, an injury manager Mike Matheny believes may have been cramping.
- Cardinals place Grichuk on 15-day DL, recall Pham Updated: Aug-17-15 7:06 pm
- Dietrich helps Marlins beat Cardinals 6-4 Updated: Aug-16-15 7:05 pm
ST. LOUIS - Derek Dietrich is going to need a new nickname.
- Correction: Pirates-Cardinals story Updated: Aug-14-15 12:38 pm
ST. LOUIS - In a story Aug. 11 about the St. Louis Cardinals' 4-3 victory over the Pittsburgh Pirates, The Associated Press reported erroneously several statistics from the game. Cardinals pitcher Carlos Martinez walked zero batters, not one; A home run by Pedro Alvarez in the fourth inning put the Pirates ahead 3-1, not 3-2; Gerrit Cole entered his start on Wednesday 1-0 with a 2.57 ERA against the Cardinals, not 0-3 with a 5.95 ERA; and Cole was 13-5 with a 2.38 ERA in his other 21 starts, not 14-2 with a 1.82 ERA in his other 18 starts.
- Davis hits 2 homers, Brewers end Cards' 4-game win streak Updated: Aug-09-15 5:14 pm
MILWAUKEE - Khris Davis hit two home runs, including a two-run shot in the eighth inning off recent teammate Jonathan Broxton, and the Milwaukee Brewers beat St. Louis 5-4 Sunday and ended the Cardinals' four-game winning streak.
- Wacha wins 13th, Cardinals beat Reds 3-0 to take series Updated: Aug-06-15 5:43 pm
CINCINNATI - The mound was slippery, the rain was steady, the bullpen was exhausted. Michael Wacha overcame all of it for another win.