- Deadline looms to decide Hawaii state budget Updated: Apr-24-14 10:13 pm
- Hannemann runs for Hawaii governor as independent Updated: Apr-24-14 6:06 pm
- Hawaii may extend time to sue for child sex abuse Updated: Apr-23-14 11:17 pm
- Abercrombie apologizes for statement about Inouye Updated: Apr-15-14 3:56 pm
- Oahu military families get electricity rate relief Updated: Mar-27-14 2:22 pm
- Abercrombie, Kauai push against Niihau regulation Updated: Mar-25-14 6:48 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii lawmakers are confronting a deadline to pass the state budget, but they're still deciding how to work out key issues that include a historic land-preservation deal and funding for a slew of nonprofits.
HONOLULU - Former Honolulu Mayor Mufi Hannemann has announced he will run for governor as an independent, saying he is more likely to win if candidates from major parties split the vote.
HONOLULU - Victims of child sexual abuse in Hawaii would have more time to file lawsuits against abusers if lawmakers and the governor approve one of two bills pending in the Legislature.
HONOLULU - The Navy is reducing electricity-rate increases for military families in privatized housing on Oahu after complaints.
LIHUE, Hawaii - Hawaii Gov. Neil Abercrombie and local government officials in Kauai are pushing for state lawmakers to avoid bills that would regulate coastal and marine resources near the island of Niihau.