- Woods in contention at Quicken Loans after a 5-under 66 Updated: Jul-31-15 7:32 pm
GAINESVILLE, Virginia - Tiger Woods showed a rare flash of anger on a mostly stress-free day when his second shot on the eighth hole failed to clear a massive fairway bunker. The best he could do was to squeeze it onto the front of the green.
- PGA Tour presents packed 2016 schedule in Olympic year Updated: Jul-30-15 6:00 pm
Jordan Spieth might have no choice but to miss the John Deere Classic next year. It's the same week as the Olympics.
- Michelle Wie limps into her next major Updated: Jul-28-15 7:20 pm
Michelle Wie has quite the entourage these days.
- Golf's youth movement means 30 is the new 20 Updated: Jul-28-15 7:08 pm
The criteria fits for the label as the best player to have never won a major.
- Family of late black golf great accused of $1 million theft Updated: Jul-28-15 6:25 pm
CLEVELAND - The son and ex-daughter-in-law of late black golf pioneer Charlie Sifford were indicted Tuesday on charges they stole more than $1 million from him.
- Tiger Woods running out of chances to salvage season Updated: Jul-28-15 4:37 pm
GAINESVILLE, Virginia - Tiger Woods knows he's played poorly over the past two years. Now, he's facing the prospect of an early end to his season.
- Slam gone, Spieth gears up for the next major Updated: Jul-21-15 3:23 am
ST. ANDREWS, Scotland - Jordan Spieth headed home from a grueling week at the British Open with history on his mind and another major in his future.
- Column: Spieth no loser despite coming up short in Open Updated: Jul-20-15 4:20 pm
ST. ANDREWS, Scotland - When it was over, Jordan Spieth stood off the 18th green and applauded the fans who had spent much of their day applauding him.
- Column: Spieth embraces the moment in historic Open chase Updated: Jul-19-15 10:45 pm
ST. ANDREWS, Scotland - Jordan Spieth was coming off three straight birdies when he trotted off the 13th tee, heading straight to a portable toilet reserved for players only.
- Day ready to seize latest chance to win 1st major Updated: Jul-19-15 4:39 pm
ST. ANDREWS, Scotland - Jason Day is tied for the lead after 54 holes of a major.
- Perfect storm hits Old Course at St. Andrews Updated: Jul-18-15 6:17 pm
ST. ANDREWS, Scotland - British Open officials found themselves in the perfect storm amid the storms that hit the Old Course at St. Andrews.
- IOC president wants good competition from best golfers Updated: Jul-18-15 8:44 am
ST. ANDREWS, Scotland - The president of the IOC says golf doesn't have to put on a spectacular show in its return to the Olympics after a 112-year absence except to have good competition among a wide range of the best players in the world.
- Golf stars urged to stay in Olympic Village during Rio Games Updated: Jul-18-15 7:47 am
ST. ANDREWS, Scotland - The head of the IOC is urging the world's top golfers to ditch the luxury hotels and "share the Olympic spirit" by staying in the athletes' village when the sport returns to the Olympic program in 2016.
- The Open comes back to its roots in a golf town and more Updated: Jul-15-15 12:02 pm
ST. ANDREWS, Scotland - Teachers led a gaggle of preschoolers in bright yellow slickers through the rain Wednesday on a field trip that had nothing to do with the golf about to take place just a well struck 3-wood away.
- Oosthuizen back at St Andrews, looks to repeat 2010 win Updated: Jul-14-15 3:39 pm
ST. ANDREWS, Scotland - When Louis Oosthuizen played in the last British Open held at the home of golf, he was such an unknown that the Royal & Ancient put out a fact sheet with 11 things to know about him.
- Fowler heads into Open still seeking a truly signature win Updated: Jul-14-15 3:15 pm
ST. ANDREWS, Scotland - Rickie Fowler is more than just a brand.
- Column: Spieth no Tiger, though that's not a bad thing Updated: Jul-14-15 12:50 pm
ST. ANDREWS, Scotland - Jordan Spieth was practicing a shot he hopes he won't need this week, banging a few wedges off the wall on the famous Road Hole in the fading sun at this, the birthplace of golf.
- Odds are something odd will happen to Jordan Spieth Updated: Jul-14-15 12:00 pm
ST. ANDREWS, Scotland - Something has to go wrong for Jordan Spieth at the British Open because it always does.
- British Open, Tee Times Updated: Jul-13-15 10:06 am
- Spieth, Johnson together at St. Andrews Updated: Jul-13-15 9:24 am
ST. ANDREWS, Scotland - Jordan Spieth sets off on his quest for the British Open by playing with the guy he beat in the U.S. Open.
- Rory McIlroy pulls out of British Open Updated: Jul-08-15 3:30 pm
The photo Rory McIlroy posted to Instagram on Wednesday shows his feet up, a black air cast around his left ankle, as he watches Wimbledon on television. The claret jug was positioned beneath the screen.
- Knox ready for 'true thrill' of playing 1st British Open Updated: Jul-08-15 2:27 pm
GULLANE, Scotland - Russell Knox was playing the 12th hole in the pro-am at the Scottish Open when he checked his phone and saw he'd received a text from his wife.
- Along for the ride on Watson's farewell at St. Andrews Updated: Jul-07-15 4:56 pm
This was one time Luke Donald didn't mind taking 45 minutes to play a 357-yard hole. He was on the 18th hole at St. Andrews, and the company he kept that Friday afternoon in 2005 could not have been better.
- McIlroy ruptures ligament in ankle while playing soccer Updated: Jul-06-15 11:38 am
LONDON - Rory McIlroy was on crutches Monday with an ankle injury from playing soccer, leaving in doubt the prospects of golf's No. 1 player defending his British Open title next week at St. Andrews.
- Danny Lee wins Greenbrier Classic in 4-man playoff Updated: Jul-05-15 8:38 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - Danny Lee was overcome with nerves after qualifying for a four-man playoff at The Greenbrier Classic.