- Jackson mayor says she's pushing anti-discrimination measure Updated: Jul-02-15 8:23 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - The mayor of Jackson is pushing an ordinance to ban discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity and says she expects to have a public hearing on it in coming weeks.
- More than 100 new state laws take effect in Wyoming Updated: Jul-01-15 1:59 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - More than 100 new state laws took effect Wednesday in Wyoming that change speeding fines in 80 mph zones, make roads safer for bicyclists, and authorize the governor to start negotiations on the state taking over regulation of uranium mining.
- Coal industry scores a win but fate of plants still in air Updated: Jun-30-15 6:34 am
BILLINGS, Montana - Coal companies and their supporters scored a courtroom victory with a U.S. Supreme Court decision that said the Obama administration failed to take potential costs into account when it decided to regulate toxic emissions from many power plants.
- Wyoming governor elected chairman of western association Updated: Jun-27-15 12:14 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Gov. Matt Mead is taking over as chairman of the Western Governors' Association.
- Governors of 10 Western states meeting to discuss drought Updated: Jun-24-15 8:47 pm
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nevada - The governors of 10 Western states began a three-day meeting Wednesday in Lake Tahoe to tackle drought and other problems that don't respect state boundaries.
- Seeking more information, judge stays federal oil, gas rules Updated: Jun-23-15 11:14 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - New federal rules for oil and gas development on federal lands, including one that would require disclosure of chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing, now won't take effect until at least mid-August after a judge on Tuesday told the U.S. Bureau of Land Management to disclose more information about how it developed the standards.
- Gov. Matt Mead requests declaration of flood disaster Updated: Jun-23-15 5:11 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Wyoming Gov. Matt Mead is seeking a presidential disaster declaration in response to recent flooding in Johnson and Niobrara counties.