- Excerpts from recent Wisconsin editorials Updated: Dec-04-13 3:08 pm
- Senate women unite in fighting sexual assault Updated: Nov-19-13 4:27 pm
- Republicans pass photo ID, recall changes Updated: Nov-14-13 10:37 pm
- Senate OKs gay rights bill banning discrimination Updated: Nov-07-13 6:14 pm
- Baldwin urges caution on milk program changes Updated: Nov-06-13 4:29 pm
Appleton Post-Crescent, Nov. 29
WASHINGTON - One by one, the women of the Senate stood up, speaking out about the scourge of sexual assault in the military and their collaborative effort to address the long-neglected issue.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Assembly Republicans used the final regular session day of the year Thursday to push their proposals that would make it more difficult to remove public officials from office, require photo identification at the polls and limit hours of in-person absentee voting.
WASHINGTON - Reflecting Americans' increasing acceptance of gays, the Senate on Thursday approved legislation that would bar workplace discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity.
MILWAUKEE - Sen. Tammy Baldwin and other members of Wisconsin's congressional delegation have sent a letter to lawmakers working on a new farm bill expressing concern that it might contain provisions that would put dairy farmers in Wisconsin at a disadvantage to those in other states.