- Altidore voted US player of year for 1st time Updated: Dec-03-13 3:05 pm
- France, Portugal reach World Cup Updated: Nov-20-13 11:37 am
- US ends record-setting year with 1-0 loss Updated: Nov-20-13 12:00 am
- US beaten 1-0 by Austria, ends record-setting year Updated: Nov-19-13 9:57 pm
- US, Scotland play to 0-0 draw in exhibition Updated: Nov-15-13 7:39 pm
- US, Scotland play to 0-0 draw in friendly Updated: Nov-15-13 6:02 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Forward Jozy Altidore has earned his first Futbol de Primera U.S. national team player of the year award.
Cristiano Ronaldo scored a dazzling hat trick to lift Portugal into next year's World Cup at the expense of Zlatan Ibrahimovic's Sweden, and France came back in remarkable fashion to overtake Ukraine for a berth in the 32-nation field for next year's tournament in Brazil.
VIENNA - Geoff Cameron's header off Michael Bradley's corner kick deflected off an arm of Marko Arnautovic and appeared to cross the goal line in the 17th minute before it was swatted away by goalkeeper Robert Almer.
VIENNA - The United States slumped to a 1-0 defeat in a friendly game at Austria on Tuesday, finishing its record-setting year with only its fourth loss from 23 matches.
Zero goals didn't mean Jurgen Klinsmann saw nothing good out of his U.S. squad.
The United States was held to an unimpressive 0-0 draw by Scotland in a friendly on Friday, although the Americans had several good scoring chances in the final minutes.