- North Carolina editorial roundup Updated: May-13-15 4:48 pm
Recent editorials from North Carolina newspapers:
- Gov. Baker heading to DC to meet delegation, officials Updated: May-13-15 4:07 am
BOSTON - Gov. Charlie Baker is heading to Washington D.C. on Wednesday.
- Florida health centers get $5M from federal government Updated: May-11-15 4:10 am
MIAMI - The Obama administration is spending $5 million to fund 10 new community health centers in Florida.
- States watching Medicaid standoff between Florida, Obama Updated: May-07-15 5:19 am
MIAMI - The Obama administration rebuffed Florida's Gov. Rick Scott's proposal to extend federal funds for hospitals that treat the uninsured, increasing the pressure on states that have refused to expand coverage for low-income people under the president's health care law.
- Group leaves Washington, but no Medicaid deal yet Updated: Apr-29-15 8:32 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Gov. Gary Herbert and Republican legislative leaders said they were optimistic Wednesday after leaving a meeting in Washington with federal officials, but they're still without a deal or new flexibility to expand Medicaid in Utah.
- Officials: More than 1,000 overdose deaths in 2014 Updated: Apr-28-15 3:32 pm
BOSTON - State health officials say more than 1,000 people died as a result of opioid-related overdoses in Massachusetts last year - an increase of 33 percent from 2012 and part of an ongoing spike in deaths blamed on prescription drug and heroin abuse.