- Flags in SD at half-staff in Mandela's memory Updated: Dec-06-13 11:53 am
- Flags at half-staff in ND to honor JFK's memory Updated: Nov-22-13 7:07 am
- Capitol portraits of former Gov. Janklow unveiled Updated: Nov-15-13 7:04 pm
- Excerpts from recent South Dakota editorials Updated: Nov-13-13 3:02 pm
- President signs SD blizzard disaster declaration Updated: Nov-08-13 8:11 pm
- New money for cardiac care effort in Dakotas Updated: Nov-08-13 12:52 pm
- Hotels being considered for some SD parolees Updated: Nov-07-13 7:59 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota Gov. Dennis Daugaard has directed all American and state flags be flown at half-staff as the country marks the 50th anniversary of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.
PIERRE, South Dakota - Two portraits of former Gov. Bill Janklow have been added to South Dakota's gallery of gubernatorial portraits at the Capitol in Pierre.
The Daily Republic, Mitchell, Nov. 12, 2013
PIERRE, South Dakota - President Barack Obama has signed a disaster declaration allowing 14 South Dakota counties and two American Indian reservations to get federal financial help to recover from the early October blizzard that closed roads, downed power lines and killed thousands of livestock, Gov. Dennis Daugaard said Friday.
PIERRE, South Dakota - Charitable grants will provide South Dakota and North Dakota hospitals and ambulance services with new lifesaving equipment to increase survival rates in cases of sudden cardiac arrest, officials said Friday.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A group working on criminal justice reforms in South Dakota has broached the idea of putting some parolees in Sioux Falls hotels as they transition back to society, but local officials don't like the idea.