- Branstad scandal ensnares key Iowa link to China Updated: Apr-15-14 2:47 pm
- Hagel seeks to increase ties with Mongolia Updated: Apr-10-14 7:47 am
- China's leader Xi in first visit to European Union Updated: Mar-31-14 6:19 am
- China's Xi presides over business deals in Germany Updated: Mar-28-14 2:28 pm
- China president gets secret, sumptuous French menu Updated: Mar-27-14 2:25 pm
- China, Netherlands sign trade pacts Updated: Mar-23-14 10:37 am
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Chinese Association of Iowa executive director Swallow Yan has helped connect Gov. Terry Branstad with Chinese presidents and residents, boosting relations between a farming state and a growing superpower with a huge demand for Iowa's agricultural exports.
ULAN BATOR, Mongolia - After days of high-profile, pressure-filled meetings, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel got to horse around a bit during a short stop in Mongolia on Thursday.
BRUSSELS - China's president is meeting with the top officials of the European Union to discuss the two sides' close business ties and their wider diplomatic relations.
BERLIN - Chinese President Xi Jinping presided over the signing of a string of deals with automakers and others as he started a visit to Germany on Friday, while Chancellor Angela Merkel prodded him on the importance of free speech.
PARIS - The menu will remain secret, but there's no doubt that famed chef Alain Ducasse has concocted a sumptuous meal for the Chinese president as he wraps up his state visit to France in the Palace of Versailles.
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - China and the Netherlands signed a trade pact Sunday pledging Dutch dairy expertise to help Chinese producers boost the quality and quantity of their milk.