- China withholds visas for NYT, Bloomberg reporters Updated: Dec-09-13 3:42 am
- Mandela mourned as inspiration in many struggles Updated: Dec-06-13 2:24 pm
- Biden: Asia's growth 'a chance to bend history' Updated: Dec-06-13 11:40 am
- Biden meets with SKorea leader, pledges Asia focus Updated: Dec-05-13 11:11 pm
- Biden spotlights China treatment of US journalists Updated: Dec-05-13 11:25 am
- Nicaragua canal promoter to build Ukraine ports Updated: Dec-05-13 7:47 am
- Ukraine president meets Xi seeking China's support Updated: Dec-05-13 5:47 am
- Biden in China amid spat over air defense zone Updated: Dec-03-13 10:53 pm
- China says resolved to enforce air defense zone Updated: Dec-03-13 10:49 pm
- As Cameron visits, China paper criticizes Britain Updated: Dec-03-13 6:52 am
- VP Biden opens weeklong Asia trip with Tokyo stop Updated: Dec-02-13 7:58 pm
- China sends warplanes into air defense zone Updated: Nov-28-13 11:49 pm
- Problems pile up in Asia for US policymakers Updated: Nov-27-13 1:34 pm
- Taiwan's Ma says no rush on China political talks Updated: Nov-21-13 11:43 pm
- Syria, human rights on agenda for China-EU summit Updated: Nov-20-13 4:46 am
- For Philippine relief, China beat by Ikea, Coke Updated: Nov-14-13 10:28 pm
- China's state security committee shows Xi's clout Updated: Nov-13-13 6:31 am
BEIJING - Chinese authorities have been withholding residence visas for reporters working for The New York Times and Bloomberg in apparent retaliation for the agencies' investigative stories on wealth accumulated by leaders' families.
Nelson Mandela led black South Africans in their struggle to throw off the yoke of white rule and then helped the entire nation heal the wounds of racial division.
SEOUL, South Korea - Seeking to reassure wary allies, Vice President Joe Biden on Friday pushed back against those who question America's commitment to Asia, which has at times been obscured by an array of distractions at home and abroad.
SEOUL, South Korea - U.S. Vice President Joe Biden declared Friday that America's pledge to expand its Asian footprint shouldn't be doubted as he met with South Korean President Park Geun-hye.
BEIJING - Casting a spotlight on China's controls on the media, Vice President Joe Biden met with U.S. journalists working in Beijing Thursday after publicly criticizing how they're treated by China's government.
BEIJING - The Chinese businessman best known for winning a contract to build a canal across Nicaragua announced he will spearhead a $3 billion joint venture to construct a deep-water port and refurbish the Sevastopol port on Ukraine's Crimean Peninsula.
BEIJING - Vice President Joe Biden has arrived in Beijing for meetings with top Chinese leaders amid an international spat over China's new air defense zone.
BEIJING - China says it is fully capable of enforcing its newly declared maritime air defense zone that has drawn strong denunciations from the U.S., Japan and other nations.
BEIJING - With British Prime Minister David Cameron in the country on an official visit, a Chinese state-run newspaper on Tuesday labeled Britain a fallen great power worthy now only as a destination for tourists and students.
TOKYO - U.S. Vice President Joe Biden has opened a weeklong trip to Asia aimed at showing the U.S. is still committed to increasing its engagement and influence in the region.
BEIJING - China said it sent warplanes into its newly declared maritime air defense zone days after the U.S., South Korea and Japan all sent flights through the airspace in broadening defiance of rules Beijing says it has imposed over the East China Sea.
WASHINGTON - While the Obama administration is making diplomatic progress on some of the Mideast's thorniest security issues, problems are piling up in Asia, a region that President Barack Obama had wanted to play a bigger part in American foreign policy.
TAIPEI, Taiwan - Taiwan's president said Friday that the democratic island is in no rush to enter into substantive political talks with mainland China, despite a call to do so by Chinese leader Xi Jinping.
BEIJING - The conflict in Syria, human rights and a range of trade and development issues will be on the agenda for the European Union's first summit with China's new leadership on Thursday.
BEIJING - The outpouring of international aid to the Philippines makes China's contribution for typhoon relief look like a trickle: even Swedish furniture chain Ikea and beverage giant Coca-Cola have done more than the world's second-largest economy. That won't help Beijing's campaign to win over neighbors with its soft power.
BEIJING - China's plan to create a new security committee demonstrates President Xi Jinping's success in cementing his authority as Communist Party leader, analysts said Wednesday.