- Hoping to isolate Russia, US woos China on Ukraine Updated: Mar-10-14 8:21 pm
- Obama discusses Ukraine with Chinese leader Updated: Mar-10-14 8:25 am
- China vows tough reforms, stronger defense Updated: Mar-05-14 5:16 am
- China's Xi amasses power to tackle grim challenges Updated: Mar-03-14 3:46 am
- China plays up meeting with senior Taiwan figure Updated: Feb-19-14 3:17 am
- Obama visits Sunnylands twice in less than a year Updated: Feb-17-14 12:48 pm
- Kerry presses China to ease Internet controls Updated: Feb-14-14 11:52 pm
- In China, Kerry talks NKorea, regional tensions Updated: Feb-14-14 2:53 pm
- China, Taiwan hold highest-level talks since split Updated: Feb-11-14 7:08 am
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration is stepping up its attempts to court China's support for isolating Russia over its military intervention in Ukraine.
BEIJING - China's government responded to public demands for bold leadership with vows Wednesday to press long-sought market reforms, defend against terrorism after a horrific slashing attack, and heavily boost military spending amid rising tensions with Japan.
BEIJING - Xi Jinping looks more powerful than any Chinese leader in recent decades as his government prepares to deliver its first one-year report card Wednesday, but a deadly weekend slashing spree by alleged separatists was a reminder of the serious challenges facing his administration.
BEIJING - Chinese state media devoted blanket coverage Wednesday to a visit by a senior figure in Taiwan's ruling party in a sign of its desire to nudge the self-governing island closer to Beijing.
RANCHO MIRAGE, California - With two visits in less than a year to the sprawling Sunnylands estate in Southern California, President Barack Obama is helping to fulfill the dream of the late philanthropists Walter and Leonore Annenberg, who hoped the desert property they used as a winter home would become the "Camp David of the West."
BEIJING - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said Saturday he urged Chinese leaders to support Internet freedom and promised to look into whether American companies help Beijing curb access to online material.
BEIJING - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said Friday he had won a commitment from China to help bring a belligerent North Korea back to nuclear disarmament talks, even as he butted heads with Chinese leaders over a series of increasingly aggressive steps Beijing has taken to assert itself in territorial disputes with its smaller neighbors.
NANJING, China - China and Taiwan hailed a new chapter in their relations on Tuesday and said their ties would advance after they held their highest-level government talks since they split amid civil war in 1949.