- Former top Chinese general suspected of corruption Updated: Jul-30-15 10:50 pm
BEIJING - China has expelled a former top general from the ruling Communist Party over corruption accusations as President Xi Jinping's campaign to root out graft in the government and military churns onward.
- Britain limits Ai Weiwei's visit due to alleged conviction Updated: Jul-30-15 2:51 pm
BEIJING - Britain has denied Chinese dissident artist Ai Weiwei a six-month business visa to attend a London exhibition of his work, saying he failed to disclose that he has a criminal conviction - a claim that the artist and his attorney dispute.
- Turkish President Erdogan in Beijing amid ethnic tensions Updated: Jul-29-15 9:01 am
BEIJING - Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan met with top Chinese officials Wednesday amid tensions over China's treatment of its Uighur minority and sensitive negotiations surrounding the possible purchase of a Chinese missile system.
- Putin, Xi, Rouhani to address annual UN high-level meeting Updated: Jul-27-15 10:35 am
UNITED NATIONS - The presidents of China, Russia, Iran and the United States are scheduled to speak at the 70th annual U.N. General Assembly of world leaders in September - a rare appearance for Russian President Vladimir Putin and the first for Chinese President Xi Jinping.
- Trade deal wipes out tariffs on more than 200 tech products Updated: Jul-24-15 1:56 pm
WASHINGTON - Dozens of countries have agreed to abolish duties on more than 200 technology products - from advanced computer chips to GPS devices, printer cartridges and video-game consoles.
- China warns Japan against shirking responsibility for WWII Updated: Jul-23-15 9:18 am
TOKYO - A Chinese envoy on Thursday warned Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe not to shirk responsibility for Japan's wartime aggression in his statement marking the 70th anniversary of the end of the hostilities.
- Obama thanks China's leader for role in Iran nuclear deal Updated: Jul-21-15 9:59 am
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama is thanking Chinese President Xi Jinping (shee jihn-peeng) for China's role in securing the nuclear deal with Iran.
- Former Chinese president's top aide to face corruption trial Updated: Jul-20-15 10:55 pm
BEIJING - Former President Hu Jintao's top aide has been arrested on corruption charges, stripped of his party membership and removed from all government positions, China's state media said Monday.
- China's record criticized as Congress mulls nuclear pact Updated: Jul-19-15 3:17 am
WASHINGTON - China's record on nuclear proliferation is facing congressional criticism as the Obama administration seeks renewal of a 30-year agreement that enables American involvement in the Asian nation's fast-growing atomic energy industry.
- Chinese, Japanese diplomats meet in Beijing Updated: Jul-16-15 7:10 am
BEIJING - China's top diplomat met Thursday with the head of Japan's National Security Council for talks expected to touch on a possible summit between the leaders of the countries later this year in Beijing.
- Sales slow at trench coat maker Burberry; Asia demand weak Updated: Jul-15-15 9:45 am
LONDON - Trench coat maker Burberry reported slowing sales Wednesday amid weakening demand in Asia and an unsteady American market.
- Putin: Russia and China can overcome any difficulty together Updated: Jul-08-15 2:17 pm
UFA, Russia - Welcoming China's leader to two summits in a Russian city, President Vladimir Putin said Wednesday that Russia and China can overcome their countries' difficulties by working together.
- US official: China, US working to end ivory trade Updated: Jul-03-15 7:01 am
BEIJING - The United States and China want to increase cooperation in fighting wildlife trafficking and are working to end commercial ivory trading, a U.S. Cabinet secretary said Friday.