- Scientific study: Beatles, Stones eclipsed by hip-hop impact Updated: May-06-15 10:40 am
LONDON - The impact of hip-hop's arrival on the pop music scene eclipsed that of the Beatles-led British invasion of 1964, a computer analysis of 17,000 songs has found.
- Telethon that Jerry Lewis memorably ran pulls plug Updated: May-01-15 6:42 pm
NEW YORK - The Muscular Dystrophy Association telethon is ending its annual Labor Day telethon, a television tradition for decades that has slowly disappeared from view since the sudden end of Jerry Lewis' role as host following the 2010 show.
- 'Stand By Me' singer Ben E. King dead at age 76 Updated: May-01-15 4:08 pm
NEW YORK - Ben E. King, the unforgettable lead singer for the Drifters and solo star whose plaintive baritone graced such pop and rhythm 'n blues classics as "Stand by Me," ''There Goes My Baby" and "Spanish Harlem," has died. He was 76.
- Ringo Starr, Green Day rock their way into Rock Hall Updated: Apr-19-15 1:23 am
CLEVELAND - Ringo Starr was ushered into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame with a little help from one of his famous friends.
- AP News in Brief at 5:58 p.m. EDT Updated: Apr-18-15 6:03 pm
Islamic State group blamed for Afghan suicide bombing killing 35, a potential major escalation
- Rock hall opening doors to Ringo Starr Updated: Apr-13-15 10:56 am
NEW YORK - The first few years after the Beatles split, Ringo Starr had bragging rights on his mates.