- Yoko Ono recounts own hunger during war in Japan Updated: Dec-05-13 1:47 am
- Hilton could raise $2.4B, 1 of year's biggest IPOs Updated: Dec-02-13 6:19 pm
- New app chronicles Lennon's sailing trip Updated: Nov-14-13 9:41 am
- British Library obtains Lennon lyrics and letters Updated: Nov-13-13 7:04 pm
- John Tavener, composer and seeker, dies at 69 Updated: Nov-12-13 2:46 pm
- Comics, Springsteen, Waters in benefit for wounded Updated: Nov-07-13 9:58 am
TOKYO - Yoko Ono says her own bitter experience in Japan during World War II inspired her to support WhyHunger's "Imagine There's No Hunger" campaign to fight childhood hunger around the world.
NEW YORK - Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc. said Monday that it could raise as much as $2.37 billion, making it one of the year's biggest IPOs.
NEW YORK - Six months before he died, John Lennon set sail from Newport, Rhode Island, on an ocean adventure to Bermuda that awakened his desire to make music again and is now being chronicled in an electronic format he could not have conceived of.
LONDON - The British Library has been given letters and lyrics by John Lennon under a program that accepts donations of art and cultural artifacts in place of tax.
LONDON - British composer John Tavener, whose career was boosted with the help of The Beatles and who often is remembered for the elegiac song performed as Princess Diana's coffin was carried out of Westminster Abbey, died Tuesday. He was 69.
NEW YORK - Bruce Springsteen auctioned off the guitar around his shoulder for $250,000 to benefit wounded servicemen and women, the climax of Wednesday's seventh annual "Stand Up for Heroes" benefit run by ABC newsman Bob Woodruff's foundation.