- ON FOOTBALL: Forget winners, losers; think NFL draft trends Updated: May-01-16 3:45 pm
Figuring out who won or lost in an NFL draft takes years, not hours. Finding trends is a whole lot easier.
- 1st-round picks boost OSU's cachet on recruiting trail Updated: Apr-29-16 7:26 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Thursday night was good for Ohio State, not only for five of its former players who soon will be rich, but also for its coaches who are trying to sell the program to elite recruits.
- Where have the multi-sport high school athletes gone? Updated: Apr-29-16 2:17 am
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Harrison Heffley played nearly every sport that caught his interest during junior high and high school, from his dominant trade of baseball to basketball, football and even golf.
- Buckeyes galore in first round of NFL draft. Updated: Apr-27-16 8:59 pm
CHICAGO - Ohio State running back Ezekiel Elliott will be surrounded by several familiar faces for the first round of the NFL draft.
- Ohio State trademarks name of ex-football coach Woody Hayes Updated: Apr-22-16 9:36 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - After trademarking the name of current Ohio State football coach Urban Meyer, the university has done the same with a predecessor, Woody Hayes.
- Young players have to contribute for OSU to be successful Updated: Apr-20-16 6:35 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio State just wrapped up its 15 spring practices with the spring game, and coach Urban Meyer and position coaches talked Wednesday about the road ahead.
- Utah coordinator Morgan Scalley focused on smarter defense Updated: Apr-19-16 1:52 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Morgan Scalley wasn't specifically groomed to become the defensive coordinator at Utah despite being in the program as a player and coach since 2001. But there's the 37-year-old barking at spring practices, trying to put his own imprint on virtually the same scheme the Utes have run since Fred Whittingham, coach Kyle Whittingham's father, installed it in 1992.
- QB Burrow, young Buckeyes stand out in Ohio St spring game Updated: Apr-16-16 5:25 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Last year at this time, Ohio State coach Urban Meyer was coming off a national championship and enjoying an embarrassment of riches. This year's spring game was all about auditioning inexperienced players and trying to build a depth chart for the fall.
- Meyer shares stage with 4 ex-Ohio State coaches at clinic Updated: Apr-15-16 4:17 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Every living former Ohio State head coach shared a stage with current coach Urban Meyer at the school's annual clinic for high school football coaches.
- Big Ten East loses top stars, but new ones are set to emerge Updated: Apr-14-16 4:26 pm
With no less than a half-dozen potential NFL first-round draft picks and a bevy of other stars gone from Michigan State and Ohio State, the gap between the top and bottom of the Big Ten East would figure to shrink this fall.
- 25 prospects scheduled to attend NFL draft in Chicago Updated: Apr-12-16 7:53 pm
The NFL said Tuesday that 25 prospects are scheduled to attend the draft in Chicago at the end of the month.
- Barrett finally stands alone as Ohio State starting QB Updated: Apr-11-16 2:24 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - J.T. Barrett has packed a lot into his two seasons as a quarterback at Ohio State. There has been high drama, personal accolades and exhilarating glory, but also heartbreaking injury, disappointment and humiliation.