- How Trump broke the rules of modern politics, and won anyway Updated: May-05-16 3:37 am
WASHINGTON - Polling? Who needs to do that? Fundraising? Can't be bothered. Parse your words? Fuhgetabout it.
- Ex-Utah Sen. Bob Bennett, ousted in tea party wave, has died Updated: May-05-16 1:13 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Former U.S. Sen. Bob Bennett, of Utah, who shied away from the spotlight but earned a reputation as someone who knew how to get things done in Washington, has died. He was 82.
- Trump's open path to nomination causes agony for some in GOP Updated: May-04-16 7:29 pm
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump's last Republican foe, Ohio Gov. John Kasich, ended his quixotic presidential campaign Wednesday, cementing Trump's remarkable triumph as his party's presumptive nominee and launching him toward a likely fall battle with Hillary Clinton. Some reluctant Republicans began to rally around Trump, but others agonized over their party's future.
- Trump struggles to explain 'America first' foreign policy Updated: Apr-27-16 5:57 pm
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump strained to lay out a clear vision of his "America first" foreign policy on Wednesday, vowing to substitute hard-headed realism for what he called a post-Cold War era replete with U.S. national security failures.
- Clinton embraces Trump's mention of 'woman's card' Updated: Apr-27-16 5:04 pm
ATLANTA - Presidential candidates Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton have launched into a rhetorical scrum, with the Republican front-runner eliciting a backlash that highlights his perilous standing among female voters who could help propel the likely Democratic nominee to the White House.
- Philly cheesecake is a test for candidates, not just a lunch Updated: Apr-25-16 1:20 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Five-point plans, engaging speeches and star endorsements are all important in a presidential campaign, but how well do candidates REALLY know the cities and towns where they're wooing voters?
- The Latest: Utah GOP picks national delegates Updated: Apr-23-16 8:04 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The Latest on Republican and Democratic state conventions: (all times local):
- Jurors unmoved by former Va. governor's appeal arguments Updated: Apr-23-16 11:02 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - As former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell's public corruption case goes before the U.S. Supreme Court, three of the jurors who convicted him say they remain certain they did the right thing.
- Poll: Americans happy at home, upset with federal government Updated: Apr-16-16 9:23 am
CHICAGO - All that talk of an angry America?
- Law that served as model for Affordable Care Act turns 10 Updated: Apr-12-16 4:57 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts is marking the 10th anniversary of a landmark health care law that later served as a model for the federal Affordable Care Act.
- Oregon GOP eliminates superdelegates Updated: Apr-11-16 4:04 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Oregon's Republican Party has changed its rules to eliminate superdelegates, meaning more delegates could go to the winner of the state's May 17 primary.
- Greenwich: A stretch of coastline dotted by politics Updated: Apr-11-16 9:33 am
GREENWICH, Connecticut - A six-mile stretch of Greenwich coastline is virtually unrivaled in the country for attracting presidential hopefuls. From John Kasich to Hillary Clinton, all come to share in the abundance of campaign cash to be found here.
- GOPers say they'll back nominee but avoid Trump Updated: Apr-07-16 11:51 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - When Donald Trump came to St. Louis last month for a raucous rally with thousands, Missouri Sen. Roy Blunt was more than 130 miles away, announcing a Missouri Farm Bureau endorsement to a few dozen company employees and two news reporters.