- GOP fundraiser Welch dies at 80 Updated: Mar-08-14 3:03 pm
- KY Sen. Paul to keynote Ohio county GOP dinner Updated: Mar-06-14 6:13 pm
- Bill Whitaker joins '60 Minutes' cast Updated: Mar-06-14 5:16 pm
- Romney backs Iowa Republican Ernst for US Senate Updated: Mar-05-14 5:46 pm
- AP Exclusive: Va. executive mansion in disarray Updated: Mar-05-14 5:42 pm
- House backs bill to delay health care penalty Updated: Mar-05-14 5:19 pm
- Wisconsin Rep. Ryan to headline 2nd Iowa GOP event Updated: Mar-05-14 11:35 am
- New Mexico governor to unveil GOP candidates plan Updated: Mar-04-14 6:05 pm
- VP Joe Biden visits Atlanta for Nunn fundraiser Updated: Mar-04-14 5:52 pm
- Michigan's Peters attacks Land on auto bailout Updated: Mar-03-14 4:12 pm
- Groups reach deal on Utah caucus system Updated: Mar-02-14 10:26 pm
- Tea party ready for fight with GOP establishment Updated: Feb-28-14 6:42 pm
- Republican factions split over Arizona bill Updated: Feb-27-14 5:38 pm
- Arizona governor returns home amid furor over bill Updated: Feb-25-14 6:49 pm
- Obama and Romney and a DC hotel Updated: Feb-25-14 4:28 pm
- Former Va. first lady at heart of gift scandal Updated: Feb-23-14 11:11 am
- NJ's Christie keeps low profile as Dems attack Updated: Feb-22-14 4:33 pm
- Early House race tests Obamacare as election issue Updated: Feb-22-14 10:17 am
- Nugent backlash reveals rare misstep for Texas GOP Updated: Feb-21-14 5:24 pm
- Ryan says he's keeping his options open for 2016 Updated: Feb-18-14 8:55 pm
- Jindal chief of staff leaving the administration Updated: Feb-18-14 8:01 pm
- Candidate reaps benefits of super PAC he founded Updated: Feb-16-14 12:47 pm
- Michigan GOP elects Romney's niece to US committee Updated: Feb-15-14 1:09 pm
- San Diego gives GOP a win in mayor's race Updated: Feb-12-14 5:14 pm
- Picking Barrow opponent may be tougher for GOP Updated: Feb-08-14 9:59 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Ted Welch, a prolific fundraiser in Tennessee Republican politics for four decades, has died. He was 80.
CINCINNATI - Potential 2016 presidential candidate Rand Paul of Kentucky will be the keynote speaker for a major southwest Ohio Republican banquet, a GOP official announced Thursday.
NEW YORK - Veteran CBS News correspondent Bill Whitaker, who has been with the network for 30 years and based in Los Angeles since 1992, is moving East to join the cast of "60 Minutes."
DES MOINES, Iowa - Former Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney is endorsing for re-election a handful of federal lawmakers, as well as a state senator from Iowa seeking that state's GOP Senate nomination.
RICHMOND, Virginia - The National Governors Association convention was fast approaching, promising an important stage for her politically ascendant husband. Organizers were pressing Gov. Bob McDonnell for details on his wife's part of the agenda, and he felt she was being distracted.
WASHINGTON - The House on Wednesday backed a one-year delay in the penalty that individuals would have to pay for failing to sign up for health insurance, the 50th time Republicans have forced a vote to repeal, gut or change the law championed by President Barack Obama.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan is planning his second trip to Iowa since running as the Republicans' 2012 vice presidential nominee.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez is set to unveil a plan aimed at electing "75 diverse candidates" and 150 women to office across the country as Republicans.
ATLANTA - Vice President Joe Biden's midterm election fundraising tour made a stop in Atlanta, where he attended a private fundraising event for U.S. Senate candidate Michelle Nunn on Tuesday.
LANSING, Michigan - Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Gary Peters sought to put his Republican opponent, Terri Land, on the defensive Monday by highlighting her 2012 opposition to the federal auto bailout, which is credited with saving the industry and is popular with Michigan voters.
SALT LAKE CITY - A group pushing to overhaul Utah's system for nominating political candidates has worked out a deal with state lawmakers that both sides say enables more participation.
WASHINGTON - Tea partyers insist they're not to blame for Republican election losses in congressional and presidential elections, faulting the GOP establishment for showing little fight.
PHOENIX - Gov. Jan Brewer's veto of a bill allowing businesses to refuse service to gays exposed a fracture within the Republican Party between social conservatives and the GOP's pro-business wing, a split that Democrats hope to turn into a midterm election campaign issue.
PHOENIX - Gov. Jan Brewer returned to Arizona on Tuesday and faced a pressing decision about a bill on her desk that has prompted a national debate over religious and gay rights.
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - Elaine Kubiak finds it impossible to reconcile the social-climbing, bullying and bizarre-acting former first lady of Virginia being portrayed in federal court papers and the media with the woman she's known for two decades.
WASHINGTON - Moving cautiously to repair his image, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is maintaining a low profile this weekend as the nation's governors gather in Washington.
CLEARWATER, Florida - The candidates are Alex Sink, Democrat, and David Jolly, Republican, but Obamacare is on the ballot in a big way in a competitive House race in Florida that offers a preview of the nationwide campaign for Congress this fall.
AUSTIN, Texas - Mitt Romney rallied with Kid Rock and President George W. Bush had a fan in Alice Cooper. But a Ted Nugent encore in the Texas governor's race is growing unlikely after blowback from Republican Greg Abbott's embrace of the ultimate shock rocker.
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Republican congressman Paul Ryan says he's keeping his options open about a prospective run for president but won't be looking at the 2016 contest in earnest until after Congress breaks for the year.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Gov. Bobby Jindal is losing his chief of staff.
HELENA, Montana - A U.S. House candidate in Montana is benefiting from a political action committee he created, leading at least one opponent and some experts to question the legality of the peculiar arrangement.
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Michigan Republican officials on Saturday selected the niece of former GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney to replace Terri Lynn Land on the party's national committee.
SAN DIEGO - A moderate Republican city councilman scored a decisive win in the election for San Diego mayor, offering a dose of good news for a party that has fared poorly in California and in races to lead major American cities.
SAVANNAH, Georgia - While Republicans in eastern Georgia say they're more committed than ever to defeating Democratic U.S. Rep. John Barrow in the fall elections, GOP voters may have a tougher time than expected choosing a nominee in the primary.