- Huckabee is latest straw poll no-show. Is event in jeopardy? Updated: May-21-15 4:28 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The people running Iowa's Republican presidential straw poll want less money and glitz involved as they try to take this summer's event back to basics. But now they are facing a different kind of downsizing - fewer candidates.
- Small business is key in presidential campaign playbook Updated: May-20-15 3:10 am
NEW YORK - Small businesses aren't in the dire straits they were four years ago, but presidential candidates aren't letting go of an issue they think will get them votes.
- Florida's GOP primary could give a boost to a favorite son Updated: May-19-15 5:06 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida has put itself in a position to help the White House bids of either former Gov. Jeb Bush or Sen. Marco Rubio, by setting up a winner-take-all Republican presidential primary as early as possible in the nominating calendar.
- Jacksonville mayoral race draws national political interest Updated: May-17-15 2:55 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - There's a reason why the Jacksonville mayoral race is drawing the attention of outsiders like former President Bill Clinton, former Texas Gov. Rick Perry, former Gov. Jeb Bush and U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio and it's about more than who wins on Tuesday.
- Colleges across New Hampshire hold commencement ceremonies Updated: May-17-15 8:11 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - New Hampshire hits its peak for college commencements this weekend, with more than half a dozen schools celebrating their graduating classes.
- Ryan tells Wisconsin Republicans to expand appeal Updated: May-16-15 3:47 pm
LA CROSSE, Wisconsin - U.S. Rep. Paul Ryan tells Wisconsin Republicans that the party needs to expand its appeal in order to win the presidency.
- Possible GOP presidential contender Santorum visits Nevada Updated: May-15-15 1:23 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican Rick Santorum is the latest potential presidential candidate to visit Nevada this week.
- Montana: Stanford, Dartmouth mailers broke campaign laws Updated: May-12-15 12:33 pm
- Romney retreat in Utah to draw GOP presidential candidates Updated: May-08-15 3:44 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney will host another retreat in Utah for high-profile political figures, business leaders and campaign donors.
- Obama makes 4th visit to Oregon as president Updated: May-07-15 10:56 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - President Barack Obama got cheers from people lining downtown Portland streets as he arrived Thursday for a two-day visit but also drew protests from a small crowd of activists opposed to a planned trade deal.
- Rubio tax plan shows challenge of GOP wage-stagnation fight Updated: May-07-15 5:35 pm
DENVER - In the traffic jam that is the Republican presidential race, Sen. Marco Rubio stands out - and not just for his youth and blue-collar, Cuban-American biography.
- Walker promotes tax cuts before Michigan vote Updated: May-04-15 4:46 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Republican presidential contender Scott Walker on Monday touted tax cuts to boost the U.S. economy, a day before Michigan voters decide the fate of tax hikes to improve deteriorating road and bridge infrastructure.
- Poverty edging into 2016 presidential race amid city unrest Updated: May-04-15 3:31 am
WASHINGTON - In a presidential campaign where candidates are jockeying to be champions of the middle class and asking wealthy people for money, the problems facing the poor are inching into the debate.
- Juice would be spilled: Imagining 2 Floridas, South & North Updated: May-01-15 4:59 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - Some South Florida politicians say they've been ignored long enough by state leaders in North Florida. Now they want their own state.
- Top Romney adviser courts challenger to US Sen. Mike Lee Updated: Apr-25-15 8:01 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Spencer Zwick, who remains one of Mitt Romney's closest advisers after leading his massive fundraising operation in the 2012 presidential race, is courting a challenger to U.S. Sen. Mike Lee of Utah.
- Romney to Jacksonville University graduates: Get a life Updated: Apr-25-15 1:31 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney had a message Saturday for Jacksonville University graduates: Get a life.
- Josh Romney will not run for Senate Updated: Apr-22-15 5:28 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Josh Romney won't challenge Republican U.S. Sen. Mike Lee next year but wants someone else to challenge the first-term official.